grp cracks.

malc60

Visit site
how can I sort very fine (stress) cracks on my hull , they,re like small spiders web tiny cracks, thanks

PCUK

Visit site
First mix gel coat to exact colour match. Then either, grind out all cracks using Dremel type grinder to underlying mat/resin, fill and fair and polish. Or grind off the entire area using a mini grinder, fill, fair and polish. The only hard part of the job is matching the gel coat.

sharpness

Visit site
First mix gel coat to exact colour match........ The only hard part of the job is matching the gel coat.
Is there a technique to this for a non professional to achieve good results. I've seen various youtube clips, but there always seems to be a huge amount of different products involved to get the colour match desired.

rafiki_

Visit site
Grind out the area with the cracks and fill with gelcoat filler, mixed to match the colour. Polish back when dry, and admire. Lots on You Tube.

malc60

Visit site
First mix gel coat to exact colour match. Then either, grind out all cracks using Dremel type grinder to underlying mat/resin, fill and fair and polish. Or grind off the entire area using a mini grinder, fill, fair and polish. The only hard part of the job is matching the gel coat.
thank you

PCUK

Visit site
Is there a technique to this for a non professional to achieve good results. I've seen various youtube clips, but there always seems to be a huge amount of different products involved to get the colour match desired.
It's a matter of trial and error. Even professionals have to do it like that, except with practice it becomes easier.