Good news only

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yes it is good news ,
but The islands has been on lock down correct me if I am wrong around the 14 March which mean this yacht arrived well after that around the 20th knowing very well the country was on lock down and now other have to waste time and man power to supply them with water and food .
And now what ?, there just swap one lockdown harbour for another or do they now sail off to another country once again sit in quarantine for another 14 days if they are aloud and end up asking for help again.

cherod

Visit site
Yes it is good news ,
but The islands has been on lock down correct me if I am wrong around the 14 March which mean this yacht arrived well after that around the 20th knowing very well the country was on lock down and now other have to waste time and man power to supply them with water and food .
And now what ?, there just swap one lockdown harbour for another or do they now sail off to another country once again sit in quarantine for another 14 days if they are aloud and end up asking for help again.
where would you suggest that they went ?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
where would you suggest that they went ?
I would suggest they did what been ask of them and stay put , looking at the date they would had have to left to arrive almost the country in Europe would had been on lock down .
To day a cat arrived in our harbour luck he didn't come into the marina , I can tell you he wouldn't had been made welcome by none of the 25 boats in here , but headed for the fishing harbour , i don't know the circumstances but a little late he was heading back out .
My guess was he was turned away by the CG .

cherod

Visit site
I would suggest they did what been ask of them and stay put , looking at the date they would had have to left to arrive almost the country in Europe would had been on lock down .
To day a cat arrived in our harbour luck he didn't come into the marina , I can tell you he wouldn't had been made welcome by none of the 25 boats in here , but headed for the fishing harbour , i don't know the circumstances but a little late he was heading back out .
My guess was he was turned away by the CG .
britain went on lock down on 23 rd ,, had come come direct from here ,,, ?????

sailaboutvic

Visit site
britain went on lock down on 23 rd ,, had come come direct from here ,,, ?????
Spain and the CI was lock down on the 15th and excepting no vessel , and still decided a week later to sail there, another selfie skipper who care for no one but him self.
And then think he got the right to ask other to risk them self to bring him out water and food ,

cherod

Visit site
Spain and the CI was lock down on the 15th and excepting no vessel , and still decided a week later to sail there, another selfie skipper who care for no one but him self.
And then think he got the right to ask other to risk them self to bring him out water and food ,
that is why i asked where else he could go if he was already at sea ?? so 10 days sitting off the island and presumably 4 days to get there that is the 14 days recomended quarantine time , so what is the risk in delivering some essentials ?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
that is why i asked where else he could go if he was already at sea ??
As I said he would had stay put, why would anyone leave the safety of a harbour or marina when they know very well they can't enter any other country for over 4000 miles and even then by the time he sail 4000 miles he may still not be aloud in .
He very lucky a lots of country won't let you anchor and sit out quarantine,
but as we have read here in the pass few weeks and on other sailing forum some think the rules don't apply to them .
Over the last few weeks when Europe been close to boats people are still asking the question if it's ok for them to sail, other have been advertises for crew to join them , there been report of boat caught anchoring off and going ashore without reporting they are there so they don't have to quarantine,
We all want to get back out in our boats non of us are jumping with joy stuck in marina when we normally cruising now but thing are what there are and the sooner we get through this the sooner we can get back to some reality.

cherod

Visit site
As I said he would had stay put, why would anyone leave the safety of a harbour or marina when they know very well they can't enter any other country for over 4000 miles and even then by the time he sail 4000 miles he may still not be aloud in .
He very lucky a lots of country won't let you anchor and sit out quarantine,
but as we have read here in the pass few weeks and on other sailing forum some think the rules don't apply to them .
Over the last few weeks when Europe been close to boats people are still asking the question if it's ok for them to sail, other have been advertises for crew to join them , there been report of boat caught anchoring off and going ashore without reporting they are there so they don't have to quarantine,
We all want to get back out in our boats non of us are jumping with joy stuck in marina when we normally cruising now but thing she are what there are and the sooner we get through this the sooner we can get back to some reality.
and if he had left before the lock down where then could he have gone ,,, or do you have some information as to from where and when he had departed or are you just making assumptions , i am just asking in case your assumptions are wrong.

cherod

Visit site
and if he had left before the lock down where then could he have gone ,,, or do you have some information as to from where and when he had departed or are you just making assumptions , i am just asking in case your assumptions are wrong. , had he just crossed the atlantic for eg , and what are the risks you speak of if he were out of quarantine period .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
No assumption on my part , It was you in posting 5 you said he came from the UK unless you just made that up .
There only one important fact and that is there left after they know Europe was lock down , and if that's isn't a clear enough answer for you , I can't help you any further .

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
Despite this lockdown, boats arrive almost daily, in the Canaries, full of Sub Saharan & other illegals.
Hard to deport them, as they get rid of any form of identification, en route .
Spain is employing linguists, who can supposedly , work out where the individuals are from.
No Idea, what hapens to them, once they get ashore.
Not all, get intercepted by the Guardia Civil.
Lots just dissapear into the illegal communities.
God only knows, what ilnesses, drugs & weapons, these illegals, bring in.

cherod

Visit site
No assumption on my part , It was you in posting 5 you said he came from the UK unless you just made that up .
There only one important fact and that is there left after they know Europe was lock down , and if that's isn't a clear enough answer for you , I can't help you any further .
i thot maybe the " ? " may have indicated that i was asking a question ,,, however if you only have your assumptions to go on i can see why you have no answers ..

gertha

Visit site
Here some good news

Whilst preparing Gertha for an Atlantic circuit 2 years ago t was decided the old furled was not up for it.
We now have the most up market fruit cage possibly in the world. Created out of a Reckmann fuller

Gertha is having forced shore leave, this should help dry out her acne.

Best of all, because I cannot get near my girl, I am saving a fortune.

None of this helps livabord crews stuck in random places around the world.

Contest1

Visit site
I just thought it was worth highlighting the generosity of the guys enforcing the lockdown. Was hoping others might have simelar stories to give us all a little lift in these stressful times.