Entering portugal

Seastoke

Visit site
So we are flying to Lisbon a week on Monday on buisness , can anyone tell me what we need to enter , and to leave ie tests etc.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Going to Portugal, pcr test within 72 hours of boarding and complete passenger locator form - Turismo de Portugal (portugalcleanandsafe.pt)

For return, I think lateral flow test OK but check, you have to book and pay for days 2 & 8 home quarantine tests and fill in on-line passenger locator form. For test before leaving Lisbon, we used one of the Joaquim Chaves clinics. At that time, Ryanair wanted pcr. Ryanair also wanted to see payment receipt for the 2 & 8 day home tests, not just the reference no. If you can, best to print everything out rather than using phone, all docs will be checked before boarding and again on arrival in UK.

UK Gov site lists approved suppliers for home tests, BIG difference in prices.

Sandydog2

Visit site
You can now have either a pcr within 72 hours of flying to Portugal or an approved antigen (lateral flow) test within 24 hours. The airlines are very strict about the time limits and will refuse boarding if it's even a few minutes over. There are antigen tests on the approved list you can order in advance and do at home for £29. I believe they can be taken with you for the return test too. Or the Cruz Vermelha are doing booked appointments for 20 euros, with the results within the hour Teste Deteção Antigénio - Cruz Vermelha Portuguesa Currently the return pre flight test only has to be within 72 hours of flying, even for an antigen test.

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
So we are flying to Lisbon a week on Monday on buisness , can anyone tell me what we need to enter , and to leave ie tests etc.

To leave and come back to the UK ... it is all here ...

Fill in your passenger locator form

Portugal became an amber list country on 8th June ... so you need ...

Amber list countries and territories
What you must do if you have been in an amber country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You must follow these rules even if you have been vaccinated.
Before travel to England
Before you travel to England you must:

On arrival in England
On arrival in England you must:

• quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
  • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
Read about quarantine and taking COVID-19 tests.

Children aged 4 and under do not need to take the day 2 or day 8 test.

You may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme.

You can shorten the quarantine to 5 days with test and release or you may be able to avoid the quarantine if you belong to one of the professions found here ...

Coronavirus (COVID-19): jobs that qualify for travel exemptions

I returned to the U.K. on 11th June from an Amber list country, experience (for Scotland) here .....

https://forums.ybw.com/index.php?th...y-experience-from-friday.567508/#post-7706171

Good Luck .... and if they lose your baggage for any reason make sure you fill in a customs declaration (nothing to declare) for the bag contents in addition to the lost luggage form, the official in Glasgow forgot about the customs declaration form so I'm still waiting for the bags 2 days later - even though they've been in Glasgow Airport for 48 hours. I'm quarantined and not allowed to travel to the airport to sort it out, so I'm having to fight with KLM to try and do it all by phone/internet. :mad:

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Just for interest, @Beneteau381 phone me this evening after arriving back on board. He presented a new passport at control (old one had run out) and the officer said "I see you left here in November". Don't know whether D of B + name tagged him or whether new passport info refers to old one when scanned. They do know how long we spend in country which could be a problem for some when they apply to renew residence.

GHA

Visit site

Beneteau381

Visit site
safe communities portugal has a lot of info in english. All Risk Municipalities | Safe Communities Portugal

Lisbon maybe not the best place in the country right now.......
Lisbon powers Portugal’s 4th wave of Coronavirus infections - Portugal Resident

And further south lots cases flown in, many from UK :)
Foreigners account for a third of Algarve Covid cases
Paddy, given that us Brits are paying £89 for a PCR test before flying in I doubt that any are bringing it in?

greeny

Visit site
This may become the norrm for the foreseeable future. They're following Germany's lead that was announced last Friday. Merkel amd Macron are pushing for all EU countries to adopt this position.
Our grandkids were due to come to Portugal today from Germany but because of the isolation requirement when they go home it was too much for the parents with their work commitments and so the holiday is cancelled last minute. :cry::cry::cry::cry: