Coronavirus and Greece

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Super markets/food shops and Pharmacy are about the only thing staying open in the EU , we still have the street vans with local products as well.
There a possibility of now stopping people walking about unless there out shopping/ dog walking or working ,
Although people are still allow to Sport and physical activities but it as to be in a open spaces are in compliance with the interpersonal distance of one meter. no social gathering,

nortada

Visit site
Super markets/food shops and Pharmacy are about the only thing staying open in the EU , we still have the street vans with local products as well.
There a possibility of now stopping people walking about unless there out shopping/ dog walking or working ,
Although people are still allow to Sport and physical activities but it as to be in a open spaces are in compliance with the interpersonal distance of one meter. no social gathering,

Vic, think you mean in Greece - different EU countries are adopting different measures.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Nortada I guess by your posting it hasn't happen in Portugal as yet , but I wouldn't be surprised if it don't happen soon .
What is the position with boat movements .

nortada

Visit site
Nortada I guess by your posting it hasn't happen in Portugal as yet , but I wouldn't be surprised if it don't happen soon .
What is the position with boat movements .

Up to yesterday evening bars were operating as normal as were boat movements.

Portimao and Albufeira have both had cases of the virus brought if from overseas but apparently no transfer to the indigenous population.

Personally, I hope they stop all flights into Faro or at least test all on all inbound flights. Given the small number of flights at this time of the year it would be possible.

Visit site
Up to yesterday evening bars were operating as normal as were boat movements.

Portimao and Albufeira have both had cases of the virus brought if from overseas but apparently no transfer to the indigenous population.

Personally, I hope they stop all flights into Faro or at least test all on all inbound flights. Given the small number of flights at this time of the year it would be possible.
It would make sense to close the borders with Spain.

wwalsh

Visit site
In greece shops are open except for malls/shopping centres with multiple stores. So according to the law a large single shop like Praktiker or IKEA can stay open, which seems illogical.
Cafes/restaurants are only allowed to do delivery.
The present measures are until 28/03.
People were overbuying at the supermarkets from early morning today.
All flights to and from Italy are to be cancelled.

New : Closed also organised beaches.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
In greece shops are open except for malls/shopping centres with multiple stores. So according to the law a large single shop like Prakiter or IKEA can stay open, which seems illogical.
Cafes/restaurants are only allowed to do delivery.
The present measures are until 28/03.
People were overbuying at the supermarkets from early morning today.
All flights to and from Italy are to be cancelled.
That doesn't sunrise me.
Here what the Heath minister had to say .
" Health Minister Vassilis Kikilias said that the public is not observing official advice to restrict its movements and stay home instead, which he said is one of the reasons why the government has introduced these measures "

Irish Rover

Visit site
They have just announced that all Hotels are closed in Greece, from today to the end of April.
Not quite so, I think. Only seasonal hotels have been ordered to close which presumably means those hotels in tourist locations which normally open only for the summer season. I believe hotels which normally open all year around are not affected.

Besonders

Med for the summer, Caribbean for the winter
Visit site
I have just read the following on the Greece Reporter website :

Greece Shuts Borders, Suspends Ferry Travel to Italy to Contain Coronavirus | GreekReporter.com
  • The suspension of road, sea and air links with Albania and North Macedonia, with the exception of trade and persons of Greek nationality or those resident in Greece.
  • The suspension of ferry services to and from Italy. The transport of goods continues.
  • The prohibition of cruise ships and sailboats in Greek ports.
  • Air links to Spain are suspended.
  • Fines of up to 5,000 euros will be imposed on those who violate the measures announced.
I am particularly concerned regarding the mention of prohibition of Sailboats in Greek ports and can find no further information regarding this.
Is there any formites perhaps in Greece or in the know that can offer any information regarding the current situation.
Obviously things can change but I am just wondering what the general feeling is as this has the potential to impact upon many users of this form