Channel 62 - Marine Safety Broadcasts

ianc1200

Visit site
Can anybody hear these? Dover Coastguard says for vessels in Bawdsey & west of Dungeness listen on Channel 62. All I get is a lot of noise. Is it just my set?

Juan Twothree

Visit site
Can anybody hear these? Dover Coastguard says for vessels in Bawdsey & west of Dungeness listen on Channel 62. All I get is a lot of noise. Is it just my set?

Depends exactly where you are.

The broadcast is made simultaneously from different aerials on channels 62, 63 and 64. Worth trying one of the others if you can't hear them on 62.

Habebty

Visit site
I couldn’t hear it on 62 near Levington, but could just at Landguard in line of sight of Bawdsey. Clear as a bell at Felixstowe Ferry!?

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
It may not be the case this time but I know on one occasion shortly after the changes, the word from an insider was that Fareham had been tasked with the Dover routine safety messages (because Dover were dealing with an incident) and the operator, not being familiar with the area, the setup or the equipment (or some combination thereof) had simply forgotten to select (all) the correct aerials thus some heard it and some didn't

By the by, is the inference problem still plaguing the Bradwell aerial?

Other threads that may be of interest