Blue Angel, Rome Marseille delivery trip

BartW

www.amptec.be
Itinery
19 July, (day 0) kids and their friends arrive in Rome, BA leaving Porte di Roma toward Toscane, Porte Ercole
20 July (day 1) plan is to go via Elba towards Corse Calvi but weather pred. is :eek::eek:
21..25 we woold like to go to the area around Porto on the west coast of Corse (some private matters over there) but we are afraid we will be short on time
21…25 July choose a day with good weather to do the Calvi SOF crossingplanned

traject is changed due to bad weather over Corese this weekend
21 July Elba portoferraio via porto azuro,
22 July Italy Portofino via Livorno
23 July San Remo
24 July Antibes via Monaco, Villefranche,

25 July Hyeres
26 July kids fly home from Hyeres airport
27 July pickup new guests in Hyeresrival
28 July shopping and installing new winch
29 July Porkerolles and overnight on anker (and visit the island with the tender)
30 July Toulon,
31 July guests leave at 5am
31 July pickup my mum and her friends in Toulon
1 august daytrip to Cap de Brégançon (Gold bay) and Porquerolles (red dot bay)
2 august drop guests in Toulon
3 august pickup new guests in Bornes les Mimosas
4 overnight on anker on Port Cros
5 pickup more guests in Hyeres, and overnight on anker near Prquerolles
6 drop guests at Bormes les mimosas
7 steeming towards …. Marseille, overnight in Bandol
8-9 meeting with friends in Cassis
10 august arrival in Port Saiint Louis du Rhone, Port Napoleon
12 august flight back home

some time will be spend (hopefully) around les Porcerolles (the red or the gold dot spots !!! ;) ) just opposite hyeres,

Yes I know its note really a delivery trip, neither it is a serious discovery of Elba nor Corse, sorry for that, hopefully later ! :)

again,
anybody from the forum, when around, don't hesitate to say hello !!!

Last edited:

LittleShip

Visit site
Itinery
19 July, (day 0) kids and their friends arrive in Rome, BA leaving Porte di Roma toward Toscane, Porte Ercole
20 July (day 1) plan is to go via Elba towards Corse Calvi but weather pred. is :eek::eek:
21..25 we woold like to go to the area around Porto on the west coast of Corse (some private matters over there) but we are afraid we will be short on time
21…25 July choose a day with good weather to do the Calvi SOF crossing
26 July kids need to be in SOF Hyeres for return home flight
27 July pickup new guests in Hyeres
28…30 tour de cote dazur (?) hopefully Monaco, Antibes !!!!, and some more...
31 July drop guests in Hyeres
31 July pickup my mum and her friends somewhere in sof, pref. Hyeres
2 august drop guests
3 august pickup new guests in Hyeres
4 augusts pickup more guests
6 august drop a few guests in Hyeres
6 august steeming towards cassis, …. Marseille
10..11 august arrival in Port Napoleon
12 august flight back home

some time will be spend (hopefully) around les Porcerolles (the red or the gold dot spots !!! ;) ) just opposite hyeres,

Yes I know its note really a delivery trip, neither it is a serious discovery of Elba nor Corse, sorry for that, hopefully later ! :)

again,
anybody from the forum, when around, don't hesitate to say hello !!!

Your going to need a cabin boy for all that trip........ I'll make myself available just in case :)

Photos photos and more photos

Tom

Hurricane

Visit site
We are often dissapointed with the more popular places we go to.
Its quiet anchorages that we like.

So, here's a few anchorages on your route that we enjoyed recently.

Firstly - West coast Corsica

Campomoro - north of Bonifacio - the beach bar restaurant was excellent

DSC03691_Small.jpg

DSC03699_Small.jpg

Then there's Girolata - moor to buoys - there are restaurants on the beach but we dined on board so not sure how good - they looked ok though.
No roads in or out so very quiet.

DSC_1114_Small.jpg

DSC_1111_Small.jpg

We found Calvi a nice quite port - stayed overnight with Match in the marina

DSC03607Medium.jpg

but ourside the harbour is a good anchorage - I believe you moor to buoys in the high season

DSC_0880_Small.jpg

IMG_1254_Small.jpg

Other anchorages that we really enjoyed were towards the end of your intended trip.

The Porquerolles - islands south east of Toulon

DSC03347_Small.jpg

DSC03346_Small.jpg

DSC03330_Small.jpg

And on the mainland side Fort de Brégançon; a castle on a remote promontory. We since found that it is the French President’s official retreat. A kind of French Chequers.

DSC03388_Small.jpg

DSC03389_Small.jpg

DSC03403Medium.jpg

jfm recommended most of the above places so maybe he has a few more he can add.

I'm sure there are loads of other places equally as good but as I say, we prefer the more remote anchorages away from all the hustle.

Hope all goes well and have a safe and enjoyable cruise.

MapisM

Visit site
Yep, status reported shows 2.5-4m waves right in front of your planned route... :eek:
...though quite often they tend to stay on the safe side, I hope this is one of those cases!
All the very best for the whole trip anyway, looking forward to some nice pics and clips. Are you planning any dives, somewhere along the route?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Take plenty of mosquito repellent for when you get to Port Napoleon and dont leave any windows open at night with lights on. The mosquitoes there are as big as small birds:eek: You'll see why when you get there! Otherwise its a good place to leave a boat with plenty of maintenance facilities

jfm

Visit site
All sounds good. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip

We might overlap briefly, but I have guests joining my boat about 6pm on Saturday 30 July, and on Sunday 31st I plan to cross to Mahon but maybe via Porquerolles

Maybe see you Friday evening 29th, or during the day 30th, if you are in Antibes then?

Do you need help with a berth in Antibes? Fuel delivery truck?

My berth will be available (if the capitainerie agree, but I can ask them...) from 30th July for about 10-12 days)

Bon voyage!

BartW

www.amptec.be
itinery is changed due to weather forecast, (edit post #1)
second depression in one week, coming from Golfe de Lion over Corse.

new route is 70nm longer, but we don't mind,
all these cruising area's are new to us, so we don't complain :)

D

Deleted User YDKXO

itinery is changed due to weather forecast, (edit post #1)
second depression in one week, coming from Golfe de Lion over Corse.

Thats a shame. The weather is perfect in Croatia:)

BartW

www.amptec.be
Broken anker winch

yesterday we arrived in Portofino and got a mooring place and fuel in Lavagna.
But yesterday during the lunch / relax stop near La Spezia,
my crew broke the anker winch.

one gear is badly damaged inside the transmission housing,
yes I know, they pulled while there was load on the winch, :mad:
but looking inside the winch is 20yo, she's is up to a full rebuyld.
(if I can get the spares)
this is not doable on a short term,

so for now we are looking ASAP for a replacement winch / solution.
the Lofrance model that ressembles the most our old one is a
TITAN model C, with a gypsi for 12mm chain.
the anker winch as quite an important tool during our trip
anybody has a sugestion ?
we will call some Lofrance dealers in SOF.

in one hour we will leave here towards San Remo

Last edited:

EME

www.lumishore.com
Ouch ,, sorry to hear about your problems. No practical advice other than the locations of Lofrans dealers in South of France.

Acastillage Bernard (also part of Navimo Group) and REYA are the local distributors for Lofrans both are based in the close ( 4 km) vicinity of La Napoule marina if you are looking for a berth; although the bay of La Napoule is a safe anchorage ( if you still can) in the Western 'corner' near La Rague/ Theoule. Antibes is about 30 km from either so if you are going there then I suggest an advance booking?

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
I check on the webcam of Portofino everyday, and I think it was Thursday evening I saw a Canados 70S there.
http://www.marinadiportofino.com/index.php/content/view/41/54/
Today there is a VZ68 and what is a Sessa C54 Sport, plus a Super Yacht which looks a Feadship.
I look in the webcam of Portofino nearly everyday in Summer when I am here, and same for the one of Porto Cervo.
The sea should be no good as it is SW according to my friends and is quite bumpy. Same here as it weekend inside SE 4/5 turning NW 5/6 with peaks of 7 in the afternoon.

jfm

Visit site
Ouch ,, sorry to hear about your problems. No practical advice other than the locations of Lofrans dealers in South of France.

Acastillage Bernard (also part of Navimo Group) and REYA are the local distributors for Lofrans both are based in the close ( 4 km) vicinity of La Napoule marina if you are looking for a berth; although the bay of La Napoule is a safe anchorage ( if you still can) in the Western 'corner' near La Rague/ Theoule. Antibes is about 30 km from either so if you are going there then I suggest an advance booking?

Bart
EME gives local Lofrans agents above and I have PM-d you Rod Wheeler's info from www.superyachtparts.eu. Between those, you should get one

EME's 30km mileage might be wrong?? La Napoule is only 12km from Antibes so the two 4km Lofrans agents must be <20km from Antibes. I have a car on the quai in Antibes, new Clio 5 door, which you are welcome to borrow. It is insured for any driver. Not as powerful as your Merc :D but very good for shopping here! Keys are on my boat; you know where it is

jfm

Visit site
If anyone reading this has Bart's mobile number please would you PM it to me or text him and ask him to call me (he has my number; unfortunately I lost his when I lost and changed my phone). He is in San Remo or somewhere twixt there and Cap Ferrat, so he is in cellphone range.

I have organised his berth in Antibes tomorrow (sunday) evening but I need to tell him the details