AIS Drift net targets

blampied

Visit site
I note that there is still no answer to my question, how deep are the top of the nets. If they are 3m I have no problem with them. If they are 1m I have a serious problem. Light or AIS, closing off a long length of sea is unreasonable.
+1
If no one can put an exact figure on the depth of the Nets, no doubt there's an element of adjustablity when setting them.
Can someone put an expected probable depth that the nets are likely to be?
1 meter or less?
2 meters (+\-)?
3 meters or deeper ?

Piers

www.playdeau.com
Interesting. This is the first time I've heard of AIS being used for nets location.

I'm for anything that can enhance information when en route, but is there not legislation about what can send AIS information and for what purpose? I mean, what if I want our grandchild was to wear and AIS transponder when swimming. Would that be legal?

Hadenough

Visit site
And still no answer to a simple question

So who do you think is going to answer it? I started this post informing / enquiring about drift nets apparently being marked with transponders. If you want to know the specifics of the "obstruction" I suggest you track down the, clearly responsible fishermen who are involved.

Chalker

Visit site
So who do you think is going to answer it? I started this post informing / enquiring about drift nets apparently being marked with transponders. If you want to know the specifics of the "obstruction" I suggest you track down the, clearly responsible fishermen who are involved.

I had hope that someone who knew the answer would do so and explain why I was unnecessarily concerned.

GHA

Visit site
So how did they manage without ais transponders?

There weren't headlines every weekend of "yacht caught in drift net again!"

Or Isn't it that big a problem as some would Iike to make out....

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Three drift nets have different MMSI numbers and have no details in Fleetmon.com

the MMSI numbers are

I posted info on what kind of device they are and being specially made for net identification. I think if more for the fishermen to find their nets rather than to show their position for local traffic.

this id details for one of them

https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/drift-net-south-1_0_9544340/?language=zh