YM's favourite pubs

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Re: YM\'s favourite pubs

The East Coast is a gastly place to be, I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to try and sail in muddy puddles with shifting sand bars everywhere. The only decent pub closed down due to lack of use and we are stuck having to put up with adnams. No wonder all East Coast sailors are such a sober lot.

Terrible, terrible. If I could sell the house I would be straight down to that sailing mecca called the Solent. It is so much nicer there.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jimi

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
missed a great one-mishnish,tobermory

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is on the list and is also one of my 24

AIDY

www.ybw.com

agree and they refused to serve me anything of the children's menu even if i paid double for it... I rather fancied sausage and mash that night !

Tranona

Visit site

Got a feeling the Jolly Sailor at Ashlett Creek is closed - was when I was there late last year.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
"it could be because I'm a nice kind of person who gets good service wherever he goes "

Blimey, you can teach an old dog new trix.

[/ QUOTE ]No, he only gets very good service when he takes his elegant SWMBO with him. when he's on his own, he is treated as riff raff like the rest of us.

Krusty

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
.............Are you seriously suggesting that there is not one decent pub between East Anglia and half way down the West Coast ? ( going anti clockwise)

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth are you up to Ockle Point? Hush! man, or they'll all be crowdin' in!

jgmacm

Visit site

glad to hear it-been fracture in that place more times than i care to remember /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Elessar

Visit site

Do you get paid or is it just an honorary position?

I can see the meeting now, " I know we need to find the best pubs in Britain, any volunteers?"

As its a YM survey you wouldn't have found this one - I was seeing how close I could get the boat to the bar ( about 10ft). Good pub but airdraught issues for you lot. (Swan at Pangbourne)

CIMG0682.jpg

Habebty

Visit site

I tend not to bother with the Butt and Oyster any more after somereally crap food and a long queue for beer.

However.......

I still like some of the crap waterside pubs because even an average pint is enjoyable with a good view. The Wetherspoons in Brighton Marina is one of my favourite crap watering holes because I love the view from the high outside balcony looking out to sea.
Another good crap pub is close to Dover Marina over-looking the locked bit of the Marina.
But my all time favourite crap beer salon must be the top deck of the Haslar lightship on a summer evening. Brilliant view, but always seems closed during the day and pants beer.

So you can see where i'm going here...I rather while away the evening on the Haslar lightship having already eaten at somewhere like the Castle. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

p.s. I like the Shipwreck at Shotley (good Beer and food) good view and the Bristol Arms (good beer (crap view)

So, just for me....can we have a good view guide? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif