Yippee!!!

flaming

Visit site
I'm busy going the other way.... 82 was my high water mark, now dropped back to 119. Suspect I'll be around 130-140 at the mark, as a lot of boats are coming in with more speed.

BrendanS

Visit site
Grrr!

After my high spot of 7, and quite a while in the 100's, I've never recovered from my TWA setting that had me sailing north, and now in 400's!!

Whitelighter

Visit site
You are slowly making ground on me though Brendan, you have the better wind and track than those of us to the East.

Cureently I am beating quite hard in lighter airs only able to make about 6knts to the mark.

Dipper

Visit site
There are still 3500 miles to go and it is a long slow beat to Cape Town. Plenty of opportunity to finish in a good position. Don't give up.

WayneS

Visit site
Hey Fireball, I notice that Flaming (boatname=slotmachine I think) is not in your YBW G-Earth table. Has he done something to upset you? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

W

Dipper

Visit site
Hell and damnation!!

Entered a TWA of 183 instead of a course of 183! ***!!!*** /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dipper

Visit site
Re: Hell and damnation!!

Not only did I head back the way I had come, I slowed to 90% efficiency.

AND up until then, I always checked each entry before clicking the button having made these silly mistakes earlier in the race.

Bugger.

BrendanS

Visit site
That's the problem with a virtual game. No real racing yacht would end up sailing 180's to intended course.

What we should really do, is enter a team boat, then take it in shifts to keep an eye on it! Like a real crew would /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dipper

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
then take it in shifts to keep an eye on it

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea. I'm currently on the helm. You are cooking the supper. Yummy. I'm looking forward to it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TigaWave

www.H4marine.com
Well old 3/4 tonners did occasionally, it involved running deep reaching surfing broaching and chinese jibes....suddenly all those off watch were lying in the sails on the floor and the boat was pointing the wrong way!

Dipper

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Chilli con Carne OK?

[/ QUOTE ]

My tummy's rumbling already. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif