yakker nmea to wifi

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Not used from Digital Yacht AIS but from a Matsutec 33A. Works fine, as it’s one of the supported devices listed by Navionics. Bear in mind that Navionics produces an icon on the chart but the information behind the icon is limited (no cpa for example). Minor irritation is that all our Apple devices latch on to the Yakker signal rather than the iPhone hot spot....

richlear

Visit site
I have an AIS receiver (EasyAIS A025) which spits out a standard AIS !AIVDM message at 38,400 BPS. This feeds straight into the Yakker which then re-transmits it over Wifi. I use a laptop and tablet both with OpenCPN to view the AIS data and it works seamlessly. In OpenCPN I set up the IP address and port number that Yakker uses (I just use the defaults but they can be changed) and data comes in immediately. Very easy to set up and does exactly what it should. Although I use OpenCPN I guess Navionics will be similar.

Lightwave395

Visit site
I have an AIS receiver (EasyAIS A025) which spits out a standard AIS !AIVDM message at 38,400 BPS. This feeds straight into the Yakker which then re-transmits it over Wifi. I use a laptop and tablet both with OpenCPN to view the AIS data and it works seamlessly. In OpenCPN I set up the IP address and port number that Yakker uses (I just use the defaults but they can be changed) and data comes in immediately. Very easy to set up and does exactly what it should. Although I use OpenCPN I guess Navionics will be similar.

I have a similar setup, Comar CSB200 transceiver into this similar one from Portugal - https://ebay.us/rGxu8E - works a treat with my Laptop and OpenCpn

markhomer

Visit site
Many thanks , i will be buying a yakked when uk agent returns , Australian manufacture has been very helpful too and see its an approved device for navionics .