Yacht Devices Boat Engine Gateway YDEG-04 for Volvo Penta - Anyone using and thoughts/insight

collinsp

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm consider buying the engine gateway for my Penta D2-55 F as currently i have no oil pressure gauges or temp on my Volvo control panel and would really like to be able to see what the engine is doing. I have a Garmin chart plotter that will display the engine data but before I go ahead with the purchase was wondering if anyone has one installed and what they think about it. Any issues that I should be aware of ??

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Roughcut

Visit site
I have 2 of the NMEA2000 version running with 2 X VOLVO KAD300's feeding into a Garmin chart plotter. They work very well - I wouldn't be without them now. Also the company were very quick to respond to some installation questions. Highly recommended.

_Andrew_

Visit site
D2-55F can not provide oil pressure or oil temperature - it simply does not have such sensors. The only data you can get from such engine is RPM, engine hours, voltage, coolant temp, fuel level (if such sensor is installed and connected to MDI box). For oil temp/pressure, you need a separate sensor like Across Ocean or Veratron.