www.StolenBoats.org.uk

noblemarine

www.noblemarine.co.uk
[url]www.StolenBoats.org.uk[/url]

I would like to advise of a new database of stolen boats.

www.StolenBoats.org.uk has been developed by the UK Marine Insurance Industry, in conjunction with UK Police Marine Units, to provide a database of stolen boats, outboard engines and personal watercraft. This is the only independent database providing access for all Insurers and instantly provides all UK Police Marine Units with details of the thefts.

The database can be searched, for free, by anyone wishing to obtain information of stolen equipment, prior to purchasing a new boat or engine. The data can be searched by serial number, sail number, class, category, or other keywords.

Any information regarding the thefts, can be submitted direct to the Insurers and Police for further investigation. This information can be provided anonymously, however there may be rewards available for recovery of stolen equipment and/or prosecution.

StolenBoats.org.uk is a non-profit making organisation and any revenue received from advertisers and sponsors, will be used to maintain and further promote the web site.

<hr width=100% size=1>

noblemarine

www.noblemarine.co.uk
Re: [url]www.StolenBoats.org.uk[/url]

On the www.StolenBoats.org.uk website you can now sign up to the 'Theft Alert' emails to receive notification when a new theft is added to our database. You can of course unsubscribe from the emails at any time.

If you manage your own web site and would like real-time updates of the latest thefts by particular catagories or class of boat, the code is available for you to copy.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ShipsWoofy

Visit site

looks good, but you appear to have missed off tenders, which seem to go walkabout quite often. Unless this was intentional?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Woof</font color=red>
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/P.html>Posting pictures tutor</A>

BrendanS

Visit site

I don't think it matters that much, people just shoe horn it in where they think it fits. There's a rowing boat from Scotland listed under powerboats!

<hr width=100% size=1>Me transmitte sursum, caledoni

noblemarine

www.noblemarine.co.uk

A very good point! We are always open to suggestions and seek to build the site to be as useful as possible. We will add a catagory for Tenders now.

If anyone else has any suggestions for improvements, I would be interested to know.

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldharry

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Could you leave Jetskis etc off the list so that we can nick and sink 'em all /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldnt be there anyway - they are not boats! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MrBlean

Visit site

An interesting idea but neither my insurer nor their investigator or underwriter has bothered to submit details of my MasterCraft stolen in Sept '04. And this is despite me asking them to list it several months ago and also reminding them of same a few weeks ago.

As only the Police and those listed above can post to your site, what can I do?

noblemarine

www.noblemarine.co.uk

There is a Mastercraft Prostar 190 listed as stolen in September 2004. Click here for further details. Is this your boat?
If not, send me a private message with your insurance company's details, and I will contact them.

stroker01

www.xwts.co.uk

'DAVID-E' [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could you leave Jetskis etc off the list so that we can nick and sink 'em all /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

'OLDHARRY' - Shouldnt be there anyway - they are not boats! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif WELL NOW - lets see if we can put the cat amongst the pigeons here, shall we .............

Whilst i do have to agree with you both, that there are the occasional idiots out there on a Personal Watercraft (PWC - NOT Jetski) why oh why are you still tarring everyone with the same old brush YET-AGAIN /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FACT 1: Personal Watercraft are by far, the highest number of insured recreational craft on our waters ! (UK) YES-TRUE, the highest !!

FACT 2: Personal Watercraft are all now registered at point-of-sale (main dealer) with a 'DATATAG' registration mark/kit. Which enables police and enforcement agencies to identify, report and enable recovery if stolen. There is NOT one single powered craft (RIB / MV / GIN-PALACE etc) on the STOLEN-BOATS that has a DATATAG registration !!! (i know, i've checked all of them) and yet, for the mere price of a family meal with drinks, the rightful owner's of ALL these stolen craft, would have a much, much greater chance of getting back their prized posession! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
see here: http://www.jetski-training.biz/datatag.php

FACT 3: Personal Watercraft ARE NOW classified as a ship/vessel and the following transcript and link to the MCA website will enlighten you both:

Wed. 6th July 2005:
At a hearing yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court, Mr Mark Goodwin, a twenty five year old Weymouth man pleaded guilty to riding his Yamaha Wave Runner in contravention of Section 58 of the Merchant Shipping Act 1995. Prior to this the judge had been asked to rule on whether the Personal Watercraft was a ship in terms of the Merchant Shipping Act. In his ruling Mr Recorder A Davies QC concluded that it was indeed a ship and that the legislation applied.

-Looks like you may have to eat a bit of humble pie now guys and let us in for some cucumber sarnies at the Royal Yacht Squadron - /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<u>Full story:</u>

http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga-dops_p...7&year=2005

FACT 4: More deaths and serious injuries are caused by outboard engines and their subsequent user's than PWC.

FACT 5: Personal Watercraft user's are one of the highest number of water user's to embark on RYA training courses!

Now apart from all the above, i know of at least 50% of PWC user's who have regularly towed yachts away from groundings and dangerous situations, gone to the aid of other stricken vessels, windsurfers, swimmers, lilo riders etc and have also helped with emergency mayday situations alongside the coastguard on more than one occassion and i think that it is about time that you realised that the Personal Watercraft is here to stay and there will be a lot more out there as time goes on.
Even the QHM has now got it's own Personal Watercraft /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
http://www.qhmportsmouth.com/index.php?previous=24&art=23

Please make an effort guys, we all have the freedom of the water.
If you see an individual on a PWC making a nuisance of himself, then report him to the relevant harbour authority or the marine police and state the PWC colour/s and the DATATAG numbers which should be visible on both sides of the 'VESSEL'
Chris Neville-Parry of the PWP (Personal Watercraft Partnership) is always happy to help, at: http://www.pwpuk.org/

RANT OVER - Now go and buy yourselves a Datatag kit and fit it immediately, so that you will be eternally grateful when your phone rings to tell you of your vessel's recovery and how quickly the authorities were able to find the rightful owner because when it was covered and your registered microdots and electronic tag were scanned, it revealed who owned it!

All the best guys, John.

Joe_Cole

Visit site

I don't think that anyone was seriously saying that the things are not vessels, but they do have a poor reputation which is probably what led to the jibe. I think that it's amusing that the only way you can prove that a jetski is a vessel is by quoting a case in which the driver was being prosecuted for driving it badly/dangerously!

Nevertheless I am interested in your claim that;
FACT 5: Personal Watercraft user's are one of the highest number of water user's to embark on RYA training courses!

I have been trying to find some figures on RYA training and haven't been able to find any. Could you let us know your source?

stroker01

www.xwts.co.uk

Hi Joe - the take-up of the RYA PW course last year, was a dramatic one and amongst other courses, the PW increase was very substantial!
Remembering that i quoted that PW user's are 'ONE' of the highest...........

If you would like to contact the Personal Watercraft Partnership with reference to figures, i'm sure you'll find Chris Parry will be happy to oblige.

SEE WEB DETAILS ABOVE.

regards, John.

Joe_Cole

Visit site

So, no figures then! Little point in quoting something as a fact if you are unable to support it. It sounds more like hearsay.

Let's try the claim about outboard motors. Can you support that with facts? What is the source?

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com

You have made a spirited case on behalf of the jetski community, but I'm intrigued by your training statement and note that you haven't coughed up the figures yet.[ QUOTE ]
If you would like to contact the Personal Watercraft Partnership with reference to figures, i'm sure you'll find Chris Parry will be happy to oblige.

[/ QUOTE ]
You made the claim, so really the obligation is on you to quote the source. It would be interesting to compare the figures with those of other RYA user groups. We await with interest.

Joe_Cole

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
FACT 1: Personal Watercraft are by far, the highest number of insured recreational craft on our waters ! (UK) YES-TRUE, the highest !!

[ QUOTE ]

Still no hard evidence, so let's look at the information which you have given.

If Jet skis are by far the highest in number then one would expect there to be far more users trained for the things. However, you tell us that there has only been "one of the highest number" (ie. no more than) of courses taken up. In other words the proportion of jet skiers taking courses is lower than with other craft.

You also say that last year(?) there was a large increase. In other words in the previous year there was even less training for jet skis.

The mathematics of all this is inescapable. Whilst you have not been able to give any figures, a simple examination of your claims supports the view that the level of training in the jet ski community is less than with others types of craft. That is, I believe, part of the reason for their bad reputation.

Ask yourself a simple question. Why have jet skis been banned by many harbour/river authorities?

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
Some of my best friends are jetskiers - always rescuing people.

Hmm, I'm worried we've frightened him off. Shame really, we could have done with a pet jetskier on Shufflebum.

Joe_Cole

Visit site
Re: Some of my best friends are jetskiers - always rescuing people.

Possibly, but I can't see what point there is having somebody who is prepared to make unsubstantiated claims!

I'm more than happy to get his viewpoint, but a discussion has to be two-way. Maybe he doesn't want that?

Let's wait and see.

stroker01

www.xwts.co.uk
\'obviously another narrow-minded water-user\' - oops

The facts are there Joe - as i have previously stated, contact the PWP (Personal Watercraft Partnership) They are the governing body relating to PW's and is formed (if you'd just look at their website) by:

THE BRITISH MARINE FEDERATION (BMF)
KAWASAKI
SEADOO
YAMAHA
MARDON INSURANCE
R.J.P.. INSURANCE
DATATAG id Ltd
JETSKIER & PW. (CSL publishing)
and the R.Y.A. !!

There was NO initial discussion 'JOE' - just a defending reply by myself to the blatant slagging off, by
the two previous individuals who just love to tarnish ALL with the same brush /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I continually work with all types of PW user's and if you're not prepared to come alongside and recognise that the majority of these people are law abiding, sensible and caring for the love of their sport and prized posessions, then why continually slate them for no good reason /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

When was the last time any of you did anything like this:

http://www.pwcforums.co.uk/wiz/forum_posts.asp?TID=2790&PN=1

This subject has now gone totally off-topic - the usual forum 'TROLLS' are at it again!-ENJOY LIFE GUYS /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
Re: \'obviously another narrow-minded water-user\' - oops

[ QUOTE ]
This subject has now gone totally off-topic - the usual forum 'TROLLS' are at it again!-ENJOY LIFE GUYS /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Oh dear. Don't get all touchy and sensitive now. We're not trolling, just making a reasonable request asking you to substantiate your claims. This is what I wrote:
"You have made a spirited case on behalf of the jetski community, but I'm intrigued by your training statement and note that you haven't coughed up the figures yet............... You made the claim, so really the obligation is on you to quote the source. It would be interesting to compare the figures with those of other RYA user groups. We await with interest".

Whether raggies like it or not, jetskiers are a big part of the scene, and it's important the different user groups have some sort of understanding of what each is about. If what you claimed is correct, then raggies should know about it. I'd just like to see the figures. It's no good asking me to check various sources of which I know nothing - I'd just like to know the sources that you used. That's perfectly reasonable, and normal in any discussion.

Personally I'd welcome you taking part in the Scuttlebutt forum - think you'd liven it up a bit.