Another Savvy Navvy Thread

A_Sails_Pace

Visit site
Apologies in advance for another Savvy Navvy post. I have searched and can't seem to find any clarity.

1) I can't find the particular depth readings at particular places on my on screen map. It states to click on the screen and go by the nearest tidal diamond. Fine, I get that. However, this is still somewhat general. Surely there is a way in which you can click on a very specific location and get the readings exactly where you're clicking on? Much like Navionics etc. I have only really got Savvy Navvy as an extra string to my bow when it comes to plotting routes (due to it taking into account tide/wind etc). Is what I am trying to do even possible?

2) I'm finding that the tidal info is a bit poxy if you're looking at the East Coast (UK). Sometimes the tidal info is clearly inaccurate as I'm familiar with some areas already. Is this app no good for The East Coast.

I'm half tempted to contact Savvy Navvy and ask for my £89 back. I'm just trying to keep an open mind about it in case it may be even just a little bit helpful.

Any advice appreciated.

A.S.P

Tintin

Visit site
Apologies in advance for another Savvy Navvy post. I have searched and can't seem to find any clarity.

1) I can't find the particular depth readings at particular places on my on screen map. It states to click on the screen and go by the nearest tidal diamond. Fine, I get that. However, this is still somewhat general. Surely there is a way in which you can click on a very specific location and get the readings exactly where you're clicking on? Much like Navionics etc. I have only really got Savvy Navvy as an extra string to my bow when it comes to plotting routes (due to it taking into account tide/wind etc). Is what I am trying to do even possible?

2) I'm finding that the tidal info is a bit poxy if you're looking at the East Coast (UK). Sometimes the tidal info is clearly inaccurate as I'm familiar with some areas already. Is this app no good for The East Coast.

I'm half tempted to contact Savvy Navvy and ask for my £89 back. I'm just trying to keep an open mind about it in case it may be even just a little bit helpful.

Any advice appreciated.

A.S.P

How about contacting them? I have found them very responsive on the few occasions I've had a question.

Maybe try that first and give them a chance to answer.

I've found it a great little app and was an early customer.

A_Sails_Pace

Visit site
How about contacting them? I have found them very responsive on the few occasions I've had a question.

Maybe try that first and give them a chance to answer.

I've found it a great little app and was an early customer.

Fair enough, though this isn't a sabotage job on SN. I was just wondering if anyone had found the same issues or not.

Karina_T

Visit site
I've just cancelled my subscription.

I used SN to plan for an elaborate night sea kayak paddle on the tidal Thames from the foot of the Isle of Dogs inward bound supposedly 1.5 hours before HT. I found myself paddling against the tide for 2 hours solid on my way back to get back to my launch point. The app gave tidal data that was at least 2 hours wrong. I've checked obvious things like BST and GMT but that doesn't even come close to explaining why the app was wrong on both my mac and my phone.

Shocking.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I've just cancelled my subscription.

I used SN to plan for an elaborate night sea kayak paddle on the tidal Thames from the foot of the Isle of Dogs inward bound supposedly 1.5 hours before HT. I found myself paddling against the tide for 2 hours solid on my way back to get back to my launch point. The app gave tidal data that was at least 2 hours wrong. I've checked obvious things like BST and GMT but that doesn't even come close to explaining why the app was wrong on both my mac and my phone.

Shocking.
Did you check SN against any other source of tidal stream data?

Karina_T

Visit site
I'm going to stick with Boating/Navionics.
SN seemed too good to be true and it was.
Did you check SN against any other source of tidal stream data?
Very, very foolishly, I didn't in advance. Now in retrospect yes - it's at least 2 hours out with the BBC and PLA.