Woodbridge Marina

Superflid

Visit site
You should get used to seeing 0.9m in The Wash. After a couple of years of it, 0.0 is where I start to think it's getting a bit thin..... thinking about fitting wheels, or has a bilge-wheeler been done before? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Bilge wheeler sounds like a damned good idea to me /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Oh
And that was reading from the bilges, obviously already below water level /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Now got to measure the depth with a big stick and see how close it is

ditchcrawler

Visit site
www.eastcoastrivers.com shows last years entrance & the 2009 issue is due shortly.The guy who does it said there is not too much change this year & he was endevouring to have it issued by easter.
Be aware that the second high tide of the day at the Tidemill often does not reach the predicted height.As a former berthholder I monitored the heights via the webcam(sad git I know).The gauge as stated by others is very accurate.
Anchoring on the beach side at the Rocks is better at the N end as there is less pipeweed.

shmoo

Visit site
Just for the avoidance of doubt: there are no rocks at the Rocks. Certain none of navigational significance.

The concept of "rock" is so alien on the East Coast that when they come across a few stones larger than a loaf of bread (but actually way smaller than a microwave oven) they lose all sense of proportion and splash out with "the Rocks"

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Yet again (must stop making a habit of this!), I agree with Roger.... last season there was quite a lot of PipeWeed off the beach, hence anchoring was unreliable....

Opposite, just outside of the channel seemed completely clear....

But... if you do anchor here, make sure you set an anchor light... its right on a bend, and not unheard of for a smaller vessel to cut the corner slightly!

Also, if you get chance, take a tender up the creek under oars.... its stuffed full of seals sunbathing on the mud, and with caution and care you can get remarkably close to them. We managed to get within 20 feet of a group (what is the collective Noun for seals?) of about 10 or 12....

MoodySabre

Visit site
Collective noun (according to one not-very-helpful source) could be
bob of seals
colony of seals
crash of seals
harem of seals
herd of seals
pod of seals
rookery of seals
spring of seals
team of seals

or a 'look at all them seals'

Sixpence

Visit site
seal_pup.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[--word removed--] off /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm told that sort of thing is not on anymore /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[--word removed--] off /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm told that sort of thing is not on anymore /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where has all the romance gone? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Where has all the romance gone? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just ask /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oops... wrong question! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif