Witch hunt

Beryl

Visit site
It seems that I am not allowed to pass comments on items that have been written by other people about the EA. I am not allowed to express an opinion on the body of people who relive me of a considerable amount of money for my river licence each year. I choose to carry out my leisure boating in a private way and not post information about my boat and myself but because of this you men obviously feel threatened and take every opportunity to have a go at me. Boatone does not put his boat name in his bio, Byron claims he has more than one boat but does not name one of them. (I am sure that he only owns one). Angela has less information on her bio than me but do you slag her off or just suck up to her. I have been told to put up or shut up which I find offensive. I have been accused of posting at the wrong time of the month and some replies to me have been personal. I have never launched a personal attack at any individual. Think on Gentleman.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Sigh! Calm down Beryl. I agree with you that you have every right to slag off the EA and as your posting directly involved them it was a legitimate one.
I don't claim to own more than one boat unless you count my myriad of dinghies. However never a year passes without my buying 2-3 craft and selling them on. If you know me you must know I even gave a speedboat to kids in the village. The name of my launch is the same as the house 'ASHMOUNT'
As regards Angela's credentials, we know who and what she is so there's no need for her to present a Bio.
Tony (Boat 1) is very well known as his boat. He has worked hard for all the boating forums since day 1. What is that people? 10 Years? He, myself and several others here were not only here at the outset, we were around when the first forums were dissolved and restarted in a new format. Indeed Tony's pressing for a Thames forum is the very reason we have one.
Why don't you want anyone to know who you are? Your excuses seem flimsy to me. It's great to meet and greet other users and put a face to a name.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Beryl

I have read some of your posts and have seen that you dont seem to respond well to critiscism

You must realise that this is a public furum and as such you will get responses sometimes ones which you might not like

however generally most forumites here are a friendly bunch and are prone to the occasional wind up

they are also entitled to voice an opinion which sometimes although you might not agree with, it does not necessarily mean they are out to get back at you

All I would suggest to you is lighten up a bit and enjoy conversation here

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree , i keep my boats ID very low key on here .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you do but you are easy to find, just follow the trail of empty bottles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kilter

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree , i keep my boats ID very low key on here .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you do but you are easy to find, just follow the trail of empty bottles /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody River-Boy-would-be-pirate!

And my credentials for posting on this forum is that I have sailed a bit on the Thames and swum in it too...not for a few years now though!

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Re: Pirate hunt

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr get back to scuttlebutt ye swaaaab or i'll makes ye walk erm ....... the finger pontoons at Kingston . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sneds

Visit site

Surely anyone is free to post what they like on the forum, as long as it complies with the rules.
Do you need a boat on the Thames to "qualify?"
It is a public forum not owned by anyone, no matter how long they've been posting.
Speak your mind Beryl, if someone doesn't like it they don't have to read it.

Kilter

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr get back to scuttlebutt ye swaaaab or i'll makes ye walk erm ....... the finger pontoons at Kingston . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of fingers...

winston_churchill_victory_1.jpg

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Surely anyone is free to post what they like on the forum, as long as it complies with the rules.
Do you need a boat on the Thames to "qualify?"
It is a public forum not owned by anyone, no matter how long they've been posting.
Speak your mind Beryl, if someone doesn't like it they don't have to read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree about speaking your mind.

The Forum is however owned and policed by YBW.

nickcred

Visit site

Beryl of course you have a right to your opinions. I think criticising a post or disagreeing with an individual is fine but brandishing eveyone who had posted on one topic a bunch of male chauvinists you open yourself up for exactly what happened. Now back to the fun thing in life the river and boating. Regards all

Bilgediver

Visit site
Ohhhhhh thems fighting words for a pretty gal.......Now if you live close to Byron then you ll know how many boats he has.....You did include the clinker dinghy full of carnations and geraniums out front ?????

The narrow boat won t be his...that will be a passing ODCC member.

Sounds like you need to extend some neighbourly love to your neighbour but just make sure SWIMBO is out doing teas at the flower show or she might get the wrong idea...

Another Gorilla from the Villa.. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

The narrow boat won t be his...that will be a passing ODCC member.

[/ QUOTE ]

No NBs in Oxford Ditch, they day they accept one is the day at least ½ the club resigns.

Bilgediver

Visit site
No NBs in Oxford Ditch, they day they accept one is the day at least ½ the club resigns.

...................................................................................

Oh dear.....You mean ths if I apply to Join the ODCC I shall have to have a posh boat that can t fit The Ditch LOL..

Oh well maybe I shall have to pursue tht dizzy blonde with the Fairline 36 ..... Can't find a blonde with a Broom 37 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
ODCC have all shapes and sizes of boats they even have members without boats who just enjoy the social side. Its just that a NB would cause mass hysteria.