Winter maintenance programme

angelaquayle

Visit site
We have issued our first notice for the winter maintenance (and closure) programme and it should be arriving in the post with Thames annual customers today/tomorrow. We are spending £5.8m this winter. The draft programme has been on the EA site for a while but Stu is updating it as I write so if you want to keep up to date, please check out Lock closures and river conditions

If you'd like to be receive notices like this by email, please email visitthames@environment-agency.gov.uk and put 'register for updates' in the title.

apollo

Visit site
Please explain why Godstow (with all its heavy traffic - NOT!) is to get out of hours power, and yet Cookham in the most busy part of the river is not???

I don't get it?

angelaquayle

Visit site
I think there are some issues with the hydraulics at Cookham that needs a bigger project that will include OOP - it might be done next year.

I know that all of the remaining locks to get OOP have been reviewed and put into priority order and all sorts of things have been considered.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think there are some issues with the hydraulics at Cookham that needs a bigger project that will include OOP - it might be done next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not make Adam work a 24 hour shift 7 days a week I'm sure he will not mind, he's a good chap /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ianc1200

Visit site
Didn't Jim (before Adam) used to leave the middle gates on power overnight to help out? Much like Brian at Hurley did for his "regulars".

IanC

TrueBlue

Visit site
Don\'t for heavens sake -

tell everyone - or the poor lockies will be on a fizzer, and that's not a nice procedure...

They're doing Godstow just for the NarrowBoats, well few others go that far up. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, though I think it's a fiendish plan just to keep the regulars fit; three 'leccy locks on the trot and then a fiendish one to wind. After all if all were 'leccied we'd have to pay extra.

Hang on a moment.......