Wimmin swimmers

oldbilbo

Visit site
Was anchored overnight recently in the designated Small Craft Anchorage of Cawsand Bay, with about 20 other sailboats, well clear of the Bathing Areas, when the peace and tranquillity of the early morning was shattered by a couple of fat wimmin swimmers who, not content with their own well-marked sections of the bay, came doggy-paddling through, around and among we well-mannered and mutually considerate yotties.... shrieking and screeching their inanities to each other at max volume - despite them being no more than a few feet apart.

The noise was so disturbing that they awoke the 'Blue Ensign' types nearby, who came on deck and glared pointedly at them in disapproval. They even awoke my sailing mate who had silently been nursing a 'sensitive head' in the aft cabin, and who then decided he needed an urgent pee over the side....

Have these haridans no couth? Will no-one explain to them that civilised folk keep their voices down to a considerate murmur in an silent early-morning anchorage? Can they not be shuffled quietly and unceremoniously back into their Designated watery pens and away from the spaces properly set aside for decent, civilised types like us? Who should we complain to....?

'Rumph!

bathing_zpsedudtncc.jpg

sarabande

Visit site
chuck a bucket of water with some muesli bits in it overboard, then say "Sorry, didn't see you there ."

Urban Terrorist (Nautical Chapter).

Bob Stay

N/A
Visit site
Actually, come to think of it OB, perhaps they were sent as a surprise gift by an anonymous well-wisher, to provide some loving, wet'n'wobbly company for the birthday boy... who didn't recognise the present for what it was and sent them packing in a hail of rusty shackles, no wonder they were cursing ;)

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Just two humanoids communicating in the wild.

If it been dolphins you'd all be having at-anchor-gasms .

Why do humans get such a bad press from the public ?

And when did a dolphin last design and build something like the Centaur ?

Last edited:

sarabande

Visit site
When did a Centaur leap clear out of the water , or communicate over several miles underwater with other Centaurs ?

oldbilbo

Visit site
I may have some 'creaky bits' in me well-worn ould bones here and there, but there's nothing wrong with my eyesight. And my instincts....

Cougar and cub would have been well welcome. Horn muffins they weren't....

johnalison

Visit site
I have to say that this thread is a great disappointment, and quite devoid of the kind of pictures I was expecting. Even a video of the alleged offence would have helped.

snowleopard

Visit site
A swimmer once came past me as I was anchored off Cawsand. At the same time there were people in small mobos from Plymouth weaving around the anchorage. I suggested to the swimmer that he really didn't want to meet one of them and he headed for the beach quick smart.

I think a couple of swimmers is the least of your worries in that anchorage. There are usually a few jetskis over from Plymouth on a Sunday afternoon.

One Sunday morning, around 5am we were woken by loud shouting from Cawsand beach. It was a bunch of trainee squaddies from HMS Raleigh who were taking it in turns to yell at the top of their voices and run into the water in full kit. I have no idea why but we were very relieved when they went off half an hour later and peace returned.

p.s. the lady swimmers might have been discouraged by saying 'Watch out for the brown bits, we just pumped out the toilet'.