Why I like boating on the SoF

Portofino

Visit site
Same old same old .Cloudy but still hot 28 * .
A lot are packing up in the marina .
2C89B70B-BA27-44AE-A095-AE66C90D8919.jpeg

SL boys have been busy , got rid of the rust stain and gel coating the edge of the garage side flap .

Before .9CCF46A4-AB55-41FA-A622-875EFD552DF6.jpeg

After .
F488EB66-3728-4EA1-9270-AECF8DA1FDAD.jpeg

Bouba

Visit site
I nearly didn’t make it…on the return to port two weeks ago my bow thruster lost power and died…all the signs of carbon buildup (why oh why are boat companies so cheap that they don’t use brushless motors)…unfortunately I can no longer get under the bed to remove the motor…too hard on the back. But all the local boat companies were busy to come out…end of season haul outs and boat show commitments (amazing how important Cannes is to our small local boat dealers)..,,so I was put on the never get to list and I lost two weeks of boating.
Then I had a brain wave…what if I do a temporary fix using my compressor…it started really badly because the dog would not share the back seat with the compressor ! These things can’t be laid on their side…so he got out and walked…stubborn little sod dog😡
Anyhow back at the boat, I covered the bow thruster with a large sheet of plastic…and took off the cover exposing the brushes (it just clips off) and using the air gun I cleaned everything…and it worked !!!

Time Out

Visit site
Had a cracking post-MYS lunch in Villefranche yesterday after a quick pit stop on a client's (significantly larger!) yacht before we anchored up.

Once back onboard, quick final dip, last of season me thinks before a quick blast back to Saint Jean.

Cracking day.