Why can't people anchor?

Hipchick

www.sailblogs.com
About 20 plus knots of wind in the anchorage today. Just been watching the yacht behind us who must have sailed a couple of miles whilst I've been watching. Shows the difference between a heavy boat on chain - us, and a lighter boat on rode -him. First he sails one way, gets to the end of his tether then tacks gracefully back the other way. Must move 50 metres each time. Glad we're not next to him.
A trawler just arrived, dropped anchor without slowing down, went right over the rope then yanked to a halt swinging off wildly. He's now doing the crazy dance with the yacht.

dratsea

Visit site
Affinite

Pitcairn ?

Close (that is the Antarctic in the distant background), but yes we did get to Pitcairn and ashore:

4.jpg

Another clue (in the foreground):

2.jpg

Need the last?

(Not in Solent)

Last edited:

dratsea

Visit site
Too true Neeves, these are the ones lifted from the bay by the Japanese after they were washed out by a tsunami:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0

Neeves

Visit site
We live and learn - I had always thought these were the terrestrial ones and were, all 15?, as the original owners had left them. I had not known they had had a marine life.

Thanks for correcting my inadequate knowledge.

Fascinating place (and not much shelter) and certainly not many other yachts (other than 3 very sorry ones on the hard)

Jonathan

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I didn't even know what a Moai was, terrestrial or marine!

But I guessed they must have big teeth. Like those damned fish in the Bahamas which nip you on the bum when you sit in the shallows. No idea what they are but bum-biting fish are not my idea of fun. :(

Richard