Who can identify this ?

lanason

Visit site
I found a little red plastic thing about the size of a golf ball in the bottom of my boat. It has a wire running through to the dash but the end was not connected. The picture of it is on Tony's web site (thanks mate !!)

So WHAT IS IT ????????
and more importantly should it be connected !!!!!

http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/boaters/What_is_this_2

Adrian

......the answer is not 42 - so what is it ?? ........

BarryH

Visit site
That is most definately(?) a gas sensor. It sould hane been wired into the main gas alarm module. I take it that the module is no longer fitted. They're not very reliable in my experience unless you get a good one, but then your talking a goodly 'mount of dosh.

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!

Forbsie

Visit site
No it's made to look like a gas detector sensor. It's actually an S70061 Omnidirectional minature microphone, used by the KGB during the cold war. Heath used to find them all the time on Morning Cloud.

Couldn't be your new employers checking up on you, could it? <G>

lanason

Visit site
So what does the moule look like - I may have one of them hidden somewhere ???

Adrian

......the answer is not 42 - so what is it ?? ........

BarryH

Visit site
Its just a little box of leccy bits with a BLOODY GREAT SIREN on it. Should be easy to find really, normally have "Gas Alarm" written on it somewhere. You should also have more of those red thingys elsewhere in the boat. If the thing went wrong the last owner may have taken it out. Has the fuse board/box got a fuse labeled for it. Have a dig around any gas appliances, look low down in the boat.

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!