Which graphic looks best

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
so in my book it is ok to "adjust" fonts :D

Absolutely right, the pros do this all the time. This much loved company (by Private Eye) uses a stock font with a clipped the 'T' to make the logo more distinctive.

1280px-Capita_logo.svg.png

Pete

jfm

Visit site
They've trimmed to C too Pete
Jez I think either of those is good. Personally I would centre the London but that is purely a personal pref thing and the left-justified version looks good too. All imho

pks1702

Visit site
Ok, so a couple of redesigns.

I cant move London to far from the name otherwise it is obscured by the tender and I think a P1 requirement is its visible.
I do agree it should be less prominent so Ive made it smaller but also made the underscore the same weight as the letter upstrokes.

Seralia%204%20copy.jpg

Seralia%205%20copy.jpg

Mrs Banks has now waded into the debate which may make all this refine mute anyway

Bottom one of these for certain.

vas

Visit site

yep,

now it makes sense with the san serif I, it was really difficult to read else.

I also agree with the stretching/chopping of letters, If you read a bit of typesetting history and axioms it all makes sense ;)

I feel that the left justified placed on port side of the transom is better. Especially if you make the line under the name thinner and shift the London down a bit (or a lot!)
Would also go to the trouble or scaling down the London a bit so it justifies with the width of the SE and not have the n go halfway into R.

Jez, I think you should work a bit more on the letters, breaking them up from TT font to a close polyline and playing in whatever software you're familiar with to customize them a bit more.

cheers

V.

superheat6k

Visit site
Have you a maker in mind ? I am looking for name and a largish decal for Boadicea plus SSR logo labels. I have the decal design, just need to find somewhere that can offer a 1m square black silhouette style logo / decal. The lettering is straightforward as there are plenty offering these, but not so for the decal.

lambohill

Visit site
No 2 preferred.
However, the font whilst nice is very stylised. Therefore name needs good line spacing from port to allow for clear reading, and the port needs to be reduced in impact.
Thus left align, as no. 2 and then double space te port such as 'match' for example. In any event looks good, and best of luck for your handover.

SolentPhill

Visit site
Following on from the other posts, while I am keeping the name long term I want to update how it is displayed. SS would be nice but concerned about size of the smaller letters

Ive been playing around with the font I like but I cant decide which of these look better.

Seralia%201%20copy.jpg

Seralia%202%20copy.jpg

Seralia%203%20copy.jpg

Number 1 was my firsth thought but having lived with the print outs for a while I'm moving towards number 2

do you want me to cut one for you? wont charge you that way you can see what it looks like?? would be a small version say 20 inches wide.

Greg2

Visit site
Bit late to this but for what it is worth I am with Mrs whitelighter and think number two in the second cut is best. Putting London to one side just wouldn't look right on a boat IMHO :)

wipe_out

Visit site
My advise is get a photo of the boat from behind and place your design in roughly the right proportion onto it where you plan on putting the name..
I found doing this changed my ideas completely and what I originally had in mind really wouldn't have worked in the position.. It also allows you to get a better idea of the aspect ratio of the name so it fit's the location.. From there you can also determine the correct size you need if you have some reference measurements..

SolentPhill

Visit site
Have you a maker in mind ? I am looking for name and a largish decal for Boadicea plus SSR logo labels. I have the decal design, just need to find somewhere that can offer a 1m square black silhouette style logo / decal. The lettering is straightforward as there are plenty offering these, but not so for the decal.

if you know what you want email it to mandi@horshamvinyl.co.uk and will look into it for you.

malcolm2

Visit site
A minor tweak. (line spacing & proportions of london to name itself.) Chrome effect would look good. Happy to discuss further if you want to pm.

Attachments

• seralia.pdf
    11.1 KB · Views: 0