Which graphic looks best

Whitelighter

Visit site
Thanks Malcolm,

Moved on a little since the first three designs. this one is the one I am going for:

Seralia%205%20copy.jpg

scubaman

Visit site
Personally, I would prefer it without the divider which, imho, makes it look too busy.

Seralia_zpstq9qsbly.png

I'm no expert in fonts but the 'S' and 'E' could do with a little tweaking.

Nitpicking aside, overall it looks great :) !

Last edited:

scubaman

Visit site
Not sure to be honest, but imho the ends of the lines on the 's' are slightly too long and look 'oversized'. Especially the top. Maybe it could be shorter. The 'E' lacks the roundness found on the rest of the letters. I'm sorry I can't be more constructive.

Whitelighter

Visit site
Bugger.

Seems 'Seralia' is already allocated on Part 1. So as with Match, and creative suggestions gratefully received.

I think I can register as 'Seralia of London' as this is counted as a distinct name.
Would the register allow SERAL1A as a distinct name. Not sure if that even works though.

vas

Visit site
I'm not sure I'm that much of a perfectionist. To be honest if it's ok for Porsche (and JFM) I think I can probably live with it.

one other issue (probably to discard...) is that the slope of the transom (like mine and opposite to Match and modern craft) means that letters DONT read as well and I'd be tempted to stretch them so that they are taller than they should.

V.

KevB

Visit site
Bugger.

Seems 'Seralia' is already allocated on Part 1. So as with Match, and creative suggestions gratefully received.

I think I can register as 'Seralia of London' as this is counted as a distinct name.
Would the register allow SERAL1A as a distinct name. Not sure if that even works though.

Yes, Nirvana was already taken so I registered as Nirvana of Chichester and just left out the 'of' on the back of the boat.

Wavey

Visit site
When I bought my current boat (hull number 3) it was registered as "Ocean Spirit of Stone". It had to be because the owner of hull number 2 had his boat Part 1 registered as "Ocean Spirit" On the bow of mine it just read "Ocean Spirit" and on the transom it read "Ocean Spirit" in large letters with "of Stone" in small letters underneath, just like #44 above. Was like that for 10 years until I re-named her.

So go with "Seralia London" and the graphics in #44.

jfm

Visit site
Bugger.

My choice would be to add a letter and I'm not a fan these days of using "of sometown". Has to be a letter that isn't a roman numeral (CDLMVX if I recall correctly)
Hence my last boat was Match Q and this one is Match Z. You then don't bother with the letter when you refer to the boat, call on the radio, etc. Use a small decal - see above. Leander is Leander G, remember!

Register wouldn't allow Seral1a because the power they are exercising here is a power to refuse a name that is reasonably likely to be confused with a name that is already registered. Seral1a surely fits that bill.

Did my call em up gambit work with registry then? (private joke!)

jfm

Visit site
So I guess it SERALIA something then. Does it matter?
Anything will do. F for Ferretti is good. Wife or daughter's initial? Not Z because it looks like 2 (unless you're on second boat in a series as I was - thanks for the idea!)

This single letter thing is just my preference. Nothing wrong with "of Chichester" type names. Over the years though you will have to fill in the name on a zillion documents (every time you berth away, or buy a licence for eg Cabrera, and so on) and I've really come to appreciate having such a short name for my boat

benjenbav

Visit site
I would tend to avoid Seralia N, if anagrams are your thing unless, of course, you're a gooner

I, Arsenal

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Erm, one consideration is that you'll be calling Med marinas over the VHF using this name and you should keep it short and easy to understand for the poor sod at the other end who undoubtedly has a limited grasp of English. Also you'll be spelling out the name loads of times to other foreigners when you try to give them money which can get tiresome. So IMHO better Seralia 1 rather than Seralia of Southend on Sea or something like that

Actually Seralia One would look nice on the transom

Whitelighter

Visit site
Hi mike,

Yep and its already called Seralia so I assume the frenchies at least can cope with it.

So I've made a decision on 'Seralia F' for the registry. F for Ferretti but also I have done a hatchet job on their logo to make the F a little more discrete.

This is probably the final artwork, unless anyone thinks its really horrendous

Seralia%206%20copy.jpg

Id like stainless letters but I'm not sure I can do the two tone Ferretti logo in metal so that may have to be a vinyl.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with that as a solution