Which graphic looks best

Whitelighter

Visit site
Following on from the other posts, while I am keeping the name long term I want to update how it is displayed. SS would be nice but concerned about size of the smaller letters

Ive been playing around with the font I like but I cant decide which of these look better.

Seralia%201%20copy.jpg

Seralia%202%20copy.jpg

Seralia%203%20copy.jpg

Number 1 was my firsth thought but having lived with the print outs for a while I'm moving towards number 2

paul salliss

Visit site
Following on from the other posts, while I am keeping the name long term I want to update how it is displayed. SS would be nice but concerned about size of the smaller letters

Ive been playing around with the font I like but I cant decide which of these look better.

Seralia%201%20copy.jpg

Seralia%202%20copy.jpg

Seralia%203%20copy.jpg

Number 1 was my firsth thought but having lived with the print outs for a while I'm moving towards number 2

paul salliss

Visit site
We just had a family vote on this, without doubt the top one its all in sync and looks great, understand you wanting it to be right, spent hours on mine and had Broom laser cut it from thick heavy gauge Stainless, don't go vinyl!!

And no silly under water lights��

Whitelighter

Visit site
We just had a family vote on this, without doubt the top one its all in sync and looks great, understand you wanting it to be right, spent hours on mine and had Broom laser cut it from thick heavy gauge Stainless, don't go vinyl!!

And no silly under water lights��

Yeah i'm still dithering re:number 1. That was my first mock up having spent a while doodling, and Im warming back to it.

Cant afford underwater lights.

BruceK

Visit site
Can I be honest. That style of font was popular in the late 70s and 80s. Look at Ford Cortina and the like name badges. Unless the boat styling suites it, boxy and angular, you may have the graphics fitted and then not comprehend why it looks misplaced. That's not a criticism btw. Otherwise number 3 for me too. Love the name :encouragement:

AIDY

www.ybw.com
number 1 for me.... why London ? the "D" looks too much like the "O" especially when put together in number 2 in that font

are you from Lonoon :) like the boat name, does it mean anything to you ?

Last edited:

Aardee

Visit site
If central on the transom then #3, if off centre I'd go with #2 justified to whichever side of the boat it's on (hopefully that makes sense...).

Whitelighter

Visit site
London is the port of registry, so goes on the back.

Why london, well I'm closer than southampton but more than that you don't have to explain london to foreign types, everyone knows where it is etc.

The only other one I would have considered is Jersey but that raises tax dodging questions so London it is

Seastoke

Visit site
number 1 for me.... why London ? the "D" looks too much like the "O" especially when put together in number 2 in that font

are you from Lonoon :) like the boat name, does it mean anything to you ?

+plus one jez the london is hard to make out , the name looks great but could london not be a diferent font

rafiki_

Visit site
If offset to port, then No. 2 for me. I'm not overly sold on the font, as I struggled a bit to read the name to start with. Could just be an age thing though.................

jfm

Visit site
Yup for me the choice would depend on the whole transom layout, but I prefer 2+3. Thing is, I think you are making London too prominent. I'd "lose" the London, smaller font lower down on the transom, so it isn't trying to become part of the name

I strongly think you should do the "I" without the serifs. As with all these fonts, some letters don't work as well. I've obviously used the same font as you're proposing here, but I don't have a Y, I or Q which are imho the awkward ones in this font. In fact I stretched the M in my font to make it about 20% wider than the other letters because the middle wicket of the m made it look too narrow (imho), so in my book it is ok to "adjust" fonts :D

FWIW here is my smaller London (sorry don't have better pic to hand). There is no problem reading London in this font even though D and O look v similar, because London is one of the most widely recognised words on the planet

DSCF3397.jpg

Last edited:

Whitelighter

Visit site
Hmm

I see your point about the serif in the I. Didnt clock you had used the same font either.

I haven't got a clear pic of the back of Seralia but this is an identical F150 without the tender in place.

ferretti%20150.jpg

Really it has to go to port above the crane and below the deck joint

rwoofer

Visit site
#3 for me. The justify would work if there is something obvious it is lining up with. Since I can't see anything like that I would go for 3 with a smaller, tighter London as JFM suggests.

Whitelighter

Visit site
Ok, so a couple of redesigns.

I cant move London to far from the name otherwise it is obscured by the tender and I think a P1 requirement is its visible.
I do agree it should be less prominent so Ive made it smaller but also made the underscore the same weight as the letter upstrokes.

Seralia%204%20copy.jpg

Seralia%205%20copy.jpg

Mrs Banks has now waded into the debate which may make all this refine mute anyway