Which coastguard?

muckypup

Visit site
Which coastguard covers the Crouch?

On friday I heard the Thames Coastguard and the Dover Coastguard. I'm assuming the Thames Coastguard covers the Crouch?

You come to realise how flat it is around there as I was also picking up bradwell marina from Burnham Yacht Harbour!

Guess who wouldn't let me drive....

IMG_1632.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve

alldownwind

Visit site
Thames.
Which stretches in the south to Reculver Towers on the Kent Coast, where Dover take over.
The regions are shown in Reeds Almanac if you have one.

sarabande

Visit site
ColRegs B5
"every vessel shall at all times maintain a proper look-out by sight and hearing ..."

Give your Watch Officer a lollipop !

muckypup

Visit site
Doh!.. I hadn't thought of checking the Almanac.

A lollipop and possibly a taller seat /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S.

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Walked past you're boat saturday when you were on board, got Gizmo on board RD & gave him some water, came back to say hello & you'd all gone. Is that boat equipped with a teleporter? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

muckypup

Visit site
We couldn't have disappeared that quick - SWMBO brings enough stuff that the pontoon groans when we barrow it along.

I did see your boat there when I had a wander up the pontoon on friday morning.

We didn't manage to get out as it was too windy for SWMBO to handle the mooring when we got back (she is now nearly 7 months pregnant, plus a year and a half horror to deal with who needs constant supervision)

We had to go back early yesterday as had the dog to collect from the kennels and shopping to do. SWMBO had us booked in to do a big family BBQ today /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll give you a shout next time we are planning on going down.

Steve

muckypup

Visit site
We spent a whole week on-board exactly a year ago. Glorious weather, fishing, cold beer in the sun - we had a luverly time.

Last weekend there were whitecaps on the river it was so blustery. Alex and I caught a few crabs with a crabbing line & a bit of bacon off the back of the boat (We caught 2 types of crabs - mostly the red ones which are quite docile and you can easily pick them up, and the brown ones which we only caught one and it was so aggressive that it actually chased Alex back inside and I had to flip it back into the water with a bit of wood!)

SWMBO is so far down the line that I expect this will be the last family overnigher to the boat this year. Day trips only I suspect.

Steve