Where do pilots go?

dgadee

Visit site
And cabin staff? Over the winter, that is. Most cheap holiday oriented airlines seem to go into partial hibernation. But what do the staff do till next season?

Crisby

Visit site
All of the above! I worked for Monarch for 19 years and although we were quieter in the winter we still had plenty of flights. Also the winter was a good time for classroom refresher courses and the bulk of our annual leave as we were restricted to 2 weeks off during the summer months.
It was also a good time for boatwork!

Chris

sailaboutvic

Visit site
All of the above! I worked for Monarch for 19 years and although we were quieter in the winter we still had plenty of flights. Also the winter was a good time for classroom refresher courses and the bulk of our annual leave as we were restricted to 2 weeks off during the summer months.
It was also a good time for boatwork!

Chris
Thanks for that Chris .
My answer was going to be in the book case :)

dgadee

Visit site
I asked because we flew Jet2 to Greece with 6 passengers. A full flight back to UK they told us, the last flight of the year.

Neeves

Visit site
And cabin staff? Over the winter, that is. Most cheap holiday oriented airlines seem to go into partial hibernation. But what do the staff do till next season?

Apparently the Chinese asked the same questions and came up with an answer. Its pleasing they are offering a social service and ensuring skills are passed on to others. I have this suspicion they are not particularly interested in the cabin staff

UK to issue ‘threat alert’ over China’s attempts to recruit RAF pilots

Jonathan

Sorry Lightwave I missed your post :)

Neeves

Visit site
In my day, Stewart John of Cathay Pacific used to make a point of recruiting ex RAF and RAAF pilots including Frank Whittle’s son and most of the Red Arrows, but that was slightly different…

The recruitment drive seems to be widespread and generous - I wonder how many will take up the offer and move to China. Now its very different