Where are they now?

markc

Visit site
She certainly was. And keen on her boat. The death of her hubby understandably changed her life. I do miss her, I hope she’s well
I'm regularly in touch with Pauline and she's keeping well. Jon was a lovely person, missed by many.

I guess that social media has fragmented people's attention over the years. When I was first here in the old old days, 1999/2000 ish, the forum had a captive audience, and TBH it's done pretty well to last this long. It could probably be more active if it was promoted externally.

bigwow

Visit site
There's a blast from the past. How are you John? Havent seen you around in ages. Roy has taken a feather from your cap and is now vying for the Marina Queen crown. Better get down and set that record straight as soon as restrictions lift!
I'm getting regular pics and reports. Hoping to visit in person soon, I've had my first inoculation so should be safe there soon.;)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I'm regularly in touch with Pauline and she's keeping well. Jon was a lovely person, missed by many.

I guess that social media has fragmented people's attention over the years. When I was first here in the old old days, 1999/2000 ish, the forum had a captive audience, and TBH it's done pretty well to last this long. It could probably be more active if it was promoted externally.
Please give her my best wishes when you are next in contact with her.

Davy_S

Visit site
Another one i remember was Colin Scott, i think his boat was Englander, i remember years ago connecting by phone from Greece to HLB, as Colin was visiting him but they could not sort out the uk code to connect, i got through and they met up, the last time i saw Haydn was Glasson dock.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Another one i remember was Colin Scott, i think his boat was Englander, i remember years ago connecting by phone from Greece to HLB, as Colin was visiting him but they could not sort out the uk code to connect, i got through and they met up, the last time i saw Haydn was Glasson dock.
A nice guy with a lovely boat. I thought I’d seen a post from him not too long ago, but I might be mistaken. I would imagine he’s retired now, so hopefully enjoying living on his boat full time, where ever that might be.

Davy_S

Visit site
A nice guy with a lovely boat. I thought I’d seen a post from him not too long ago, but I might be mistaken. I would imagine he’s retired now, so hopefully enjoying living on his boat full time, where ever that might be.
You are probably right, his boat was in Gouvia marina Corfu years ago, he has probably moved on.

Bajansailor

Visit site

According to Colin's profile he checked in to the Forum recently - @ccscott49 you are being summoned..... :)

And Colin's brother owned the lovely ex-Watson lifeboat Swn Y Mor -
Swn Y Mor ~ The Sound of the Sea

Swn Y Mor was sold recently - GL Watson 46 ft Gaff Ketch Motor Sailer 1936

AndieMac

Visit site
Mainship Tom still lurks in Faversham and does post on here.
B1 lurks mainly on the Thames Forum and is still annoying other boaters on Ye Thames. His spare time is mainly taken up running the ATYC now.
Seem to recall tales of HLB keeping a 50 gallon drum of diesel in his lazerette to extend the range of his Princess 35.
Mainship Tom posts on Trawler Forum, I noticed recently, as do I, as the folks have lots a knowledge on all things trawler.

I also remember HLB had a 44 gallon drum in the laz for extra fuel, as well as strong opinions on folks using thrusters for manoeuvring into berths ;)

AndieMac

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(

indeed miss a few.... I mean off the top of my head some old timers... some who I do see pop up every now and again but generally awol… jfm, hlb, DAKA, Littleship, NickH, Haydn, Kawasaki, Philiz, gjgm, Omega2, BrendanS, Ari, Scubaman, AndieMac, Mainshiptom, Nautorius, AdeOlly, BenjenBav, Boatone, Petem, Rafiki....
Hi James
Its hard to believe anybody could take posts written by yourself the wrong way, I’m mean, you must be one of the most polite and well meaning contributors I’ve seen on any forum.

As mentioned, there is plenty of competition from all social media platforms, which will effect the “old school” forums to a degree.

I always thought of jfm as the forum “godfather” in many ways, the all knowing and well respected contributor.

HenryH was/is such a clever/witty/humorous man, with a hugely positive outlook on life, composing many memorable posts.

Over the years I have been very fortunate to meet up with a number of wonderful, like minded forum contributors from the other side of the world, and hopefully will continue to do so into the future.

AndieMac

Visit site
Thanks Mr Googler,
The last 12 months where slow on using and updating Blue Angel, for reasons we all know,
But I do have some mods from the last few years to add to my rebuild blog, Your post gave me motivation to think and work on that ?

Please do Bart, such a fine ship, and I‘m sure the forum members who have been fortunate enough to cruise aboard will be keen to see the mod process.
I’ve noticed on FB you are considering a move back to the Adriatic again?

Anyway, all the best for 2021, and please pass on our regards to the gorgeous E :)

PilotWolf

Visit site
Im not planning on going anywhere soon but...

I do sometimes wonder if the collective forums have lost their main purpose.

I usually click the new posts option and lately boating topics seem few and far between. Now I get the Lounge fun posts but the political ones really are taking over. Personally I think that’s not a good thing.

Although boats have mostly been a job for me they and indeed the forums are an escape from being grown up. I can get all the other stuff on the news or elsewhere.

PW.

Last edited:

Aardee

Visit site
Whatever happened to the guy who had all the issues with his new Trader (and possibly another boat purchase either before or after)...Gludy?