Where are they now?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Another not seen for a while is Forbsie. Anyone know if he’s ok? No doubt there’s quite a few more.
Hard to believe I’ve been on the forum for over 20 years and in that time spread another forumites ashes off the back of Eos. As well as many happier times with lots of other posters.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Another not seen for a while is Forbsie. Anyone know if he’s ok? No doubt there’s quite a few more.
Hard to believe I’ve been on the forum for over 20 years and in that time spread another forumites ashes off the back of Eos. As well as many happier times with lots of other posters.
I'd forgotten about Forbsie, he was a lovely chap.

BruceK

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(

Is this why some left?

BruceK

Visit site
In the 5 years I have been here the forum has changed but then that is only natural and stagnating is the result if it doesnt. The last year has been dire but it's kind of obvious why. Not just covid but Bre*** has created fractious groups everywhere and not just in the forum. I used to be part of a happy small community of local boaters but the xenophobia and political divide the two have created even between kinsmen has been a real eye opener and I am from South Africa of old and so that is saying something. I have sunsequently removed myself from these groups and just do my own thing now. These last couple years there has been such a growing sense of frustration and anger that I have all but divorsed myself from most FB groups and left my own profile to stagnate. Pointing fingers at the forum as if it is too blame is a nonsense imo. It's everywhere. And it's never so bitchy as when people have been banned entry into territory where they keep their boats. I finally had to close the door on a great mate (not of this forum) who's incessant braying about the Welsh "$%$£$%" lockdown and travel policies, as if they were my fault, brought home just how deep the xenophobia runs.

BruceK

Visit site
Are you the South African variant?

There's a blast from the past. How are you John? Havent seen you around in ages. Roy has taken a feather from your cap and is now vying for the Marina Queen crown. Better get down and set that record straight as soon as restrictions lift!