Where are they now?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(
The new Forum software lets you put people on 'Ignore' which personally I've found very useful in a few cases...!

Mr Googler

Visit site
and we need some new buying threads as well mr FARSCO :p

Sorry....I’m trying but people don’t seem to want to sell their boats for a realistic price so I can do them up and make a profit! Very inconsiderate

there’s a formula in North Wales but I fear it’s beyond saving

Greg2

Visit site
A weird generational change occurred on here, and I for one stopped posting due to the fact folk seem to be itching to pick a fight or pick up on one aspect of a post and rant & criticise rather than just natter about boats like what we used to..... :-(

indeed miss a few.... I mean off the top of my head some old timers... some who I do see pop up every now and again but generally awol… jfm, hlb, DAKA, Littleship, NickH, Haydn, Kawasaki, Philiz, gjgm, Omega2, BrendanS, Ari, Scubaman, AndieMac, Mainshiptom, Nautorius, AdeOlly, BenjenBav, Boatone, Petem, Rafiki....

hlb sadly passed away some time ago. Boatone seemed to stop posting on here but I did see him still popping up on the Thames Forum but not sure if he still does.

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site

indeed miss a few.... I mean off the top of my head some old timers... some who I do see pop up every now and again but generally awol… jfm, hlb, DAKA, Littleship, NickH, Haydn, Kawasaki, Philiz, gjgm, Omega2, BrendanS, Ari, Scubaman, AndieMac, Mainshiptom, Nautorius, AdeOlly, BenjenBav, Boatone, Petem, Rafiki....

Mainship Tom still lurks in Faversham and does post on here.
B1 lurks mainly on the Thames Forum and is still annoying other boaters on Ye Thames. His spare time is mainly taken up running the ATYC now.
Seem to recall tales of HLB keeping a 50 gallon drum of diesel in his lazerette to extend the range of his Princess 35.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com

Bless you! I'm still here but after 20+ years of posting I'm just a bit more selective about the posts I contribute to.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Mainship Tom still lurks in Faversham and does post on here.
B1 lurks mainly on the Thames Forum and is still annoying other boaters on Ye Thames. His spare time is mainly taken up running the ATYC now.
Seem to recall tales of HLB keeping a 50 gallon drum of diesel in his lazerette to extend the range of his Princess 35.
Yes, I was there when he plumbed it in! Unfortunately I don’t think I have any pics.

Seastoke

Visit site
Sorry....I’m trying but people don’t seem to want to sell their boats for a realistic price so I can do them up and make a profit! Very inconsiderate

there’s a formula in North Wales but I fear it’s beyond saving
The IOM has 3 legs . the Formula at least 7.

RobbieW

Visit site
Iirc he was a commercial diver. I suspect the drop in oil prices a few years ago may have caused him quite a few problems.
I also wonder what happened to sixpence, last I heard he was running a cafe somewhere, but again that was quite a few years ago.
I hope they’re both well and getting on with life.
@Sixpence might now be @Cheery then again maybe not