WHATS HAPPENED?

dog

Visit site
Ive not been on here for a while, whats going on- its become weirder than the X-Files...

Dont get me wrong- its very entertaining!, but what happened to the good old fashioned boat chat? It all seems to have become a bit doom and gloom in some quarters, not to mention so far fetched I cant believe some of the content- surely its not for real?!!!

Any views?

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulineb

Visit site
hang around - it get's better on a friday night after the pub shuts :)

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

martynwhiteley

Visit site
<font color=orange>Guess your the odd one out who's not sat at their desk suffering the worst strain of flu known to man (minor sniffle to a woman), feeling very sorry for themselves and under the influence of a double dose of hyper-max-special strength lemsip with double bell's chaser<font color=orange>. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>Oh well, maybe next weekend....</font color=blue>

Trevor_swfyc

Visit site
Or should that have been YR/12

Evidently motor boats are classed A,B,C and D rather than go through >100 posts

<pre>(A) This is OCEAN </pre>

<pre>(B) This is OFFSHORE </pre>

<pre>(C) This is INSHORE </pre>

<pre>(D) This is SHELTERED WATERS </pre>

The question of angle of vanishing stability was raised, buses are tested to see at what angle they will go before they tip over. I had assumed my yacht would self right now i'm not so sure as it has bilge keels rather than a fin. Clearly if you exceed the Safe envelope you could flip the boat, many factors involved here. In the past I think we have called this getting the feel for the boat we learn the limits and stay in the safe envelope taking into account the conditions.
Using a boat one category higher is to increase the risk but as far as I know its not against the law is it?

What I do know is people have been killed by a boats flipping out off control.

Unfortunatly all the good data/information got buried, which we should all regret.

Trevor

<hr width=100% size=1>