What type of boat is this?

Warpa

Visit site
Looks like one of those American river boats from the deep south, would this one have self draining deck to make it so seaworthy in such conditions:confused:

BrendanS

Visit site

Kawasaki

Visit site
Looks like one of those American river boats from the deep south, would this one have self draining deck to make it so seaworthy in such conditions:confused:

These Guys did an Atlantic crossing in this boat, or similar
As a Charity event for wounded soldiers.
Google 'Atlantic crossing in a small boat' or similar.
The vids are bleedin amazing.
Sorry, I dunno how to post links and stuff like that on here:rolleyes:
There is one great vid of them water skiing around icebergs!!
Amazing guys.
Check it out on You Tube!

AndieMac

Visit site
This looks like a good story, seems like an incredible little boat, to say nothing of the guys operating it.

I like the way they describe the boat as 'dry' :D

Oceans Quest

www.CrossTheAtlantic.com
Dry?

This looks like a good story, seems like an incredible little boat, to say nothing of the guys operating it.

I like the way they describe the boat as 'dry' :D

Dry is a very subjective item, Dry in three to four foot seas is one thing, dry in 15 foot waves and 50 miles per hour winds is a totaly different thing.
Wouldn't you agree?

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
My guess is that it has a double skinned, sealed hull - just one big buoancy tank in effect, so water just washes off. The flat splayed bow is certainly stopping it digging in.

Altantic crossing? :confused: Must have taken a tanker with them as a support vessel, & to supply toilets, showers & food.

AndieMac

Visit site
My guess is that it has a double skinned, sealed hull - just one big buoancy tank in effect, so water just washes off. The flat splayed bow is certainly stopping it digging in.

Altantic crossing? :confused: Must have taken a tanker with them as a support vessel, & to supply toilets, showers & food.

I think if I was travelling across the Altantic, wearing every second wave on an over sized surfboard, the preferred route would have been a lot closer to the equator than the north pole.
Obviously the refuelling was the major factor, hence the northern land based route, but those boys were hardy to take on that icy water.