What to do when you cant trust your Marina???

Mr Googler

Visit site
So if I was to say "Neale makes a rubbish rooster tail" it's as if I've said it to your face!!! Result :)

Getting back to the op (sorry for the drift) I would think they can suspect what ever they want. They can't prove a thing. If someone came over and started questioning me and my "mate" I'd tell them to do one..... Nicely ;)

Last edited:

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Is there a penalty clause in the contract to 'punish' you if you use an outside engineer?

If there isn't, then they can't do a thing except ask the engineer/mate to leave.

If there is a penalty, I expect it will be an unfair contract term and totally unenforceable.

yankeebloke

Visit site
Thanks All for the replies

I am currently in Egypt and get back next week.#

I will then look at moving the boat early or getting the work done

The way i see it the worst the marina can do is ask me to leave..... well thats going to happen anyway!

I will be in contact with the many helpful people that have pm'd me when i get back to UK and can act on this

cheers

John

JKay

Visit site
go and have a beer with Kermit aka Lanason after all Eygpts only 'ikkle :)

Last edited:

pappaecho

Visit site
I appreciate that you would not want to do the gaiters without help. Perhaps one way forward is to see if you can "watch" a more experienced person do the job. If you mention the type and model of the outdrive, I am sure that there will be a local forumite who will let you watch and no doubt give you a good list of dos and donts. In any event if you do it yourself you know that it is properly done. Later winter/early spring is the tome when most get changed...