What about this

DownWest

Visit site
Might be wrong, but it gives the impression (Legend) that it is an Old Classic, but looks like a new build? That 'door' in the hull has to be a recent idea and the rig..

dombuckley

Visit site
Anna: designed for wood-epoxy composite construction by Stephen-Waring, built in 2017 by Lyman-Morse. She won the Classic Boat Magazine 'Spirit of Tradition' award in 2019.

The side door is an 'interesting' idea: great talking point, but of little practical use. Can't use it when alongside a pontoon, and its no good for mooring a tender alongside. Just another complication waiting to go wrong.

DownWest

Visit site
Slightly confusing. Aping a classic, but including a feature usually seen on excessive mobos. Not so sure about the deck house either.
Spirit do it rather better..

Bouba

Visit site
Slightly confusing. Aping a classic, but including a feature usually seen on excessive mobos. Not so sure about the deck house either.
Spirit do it rather better..
I like the deck house...the problem with yachts is everyone spends the whole evening and most of the night, sitting outside in the cockpit talking and smoking....damn annoying when moored between yachts. A wheel house might encourage them to move the party indoors

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I generally find (don't you?) that reading the first post in a thread rather cramps my style 😁, but having now watched the vid that Wansy posted I am feeling a bit bilious, and persuaded that you can have too much of a good thing.

All the individual elements that in themselves are lovely - the wood, the shapes, the workmanship, etc. - are taken to extremes that are an offence to good taste.

Are the American super-rich peculiarly lacking in taste, or should we be grateful that more people don't have the means to indulge and express themselves? :unsure:

DownWest

Visit site
I generally find (don't you?) that reading the first post in a thread rather cramps my style 😁, but having now watched the vid that Wansy posted I am feeling a bit bilious, and persuaded that you can have too much of a good thing.

All the individual elements that in themselves are lovely - the wood, the shapes, the workmanship, etc. - are taken to extremes that are an offence to good taste.

Are the American super-rich peculiarly lacking in taste, or should we be grateful that more people don't have the means to indulge and express themselves? :unsure:
My US relatives were very much in the old classic boat vein. But, like the ever bigger and ugly mobos, seems like the nouveau lot can't leave things alone and the builders are happy to oblige. Nothing new here, just look back at the super yachts of the day. Gilded fittings, stone fireplaces etc, just limited by technology back then.

Bouba

Visit site
My US relatives were very much in the old classic boat vein. But, like the ever bigger and ugly mobos, seems like the nouveau lot can't leave things alone and the builders are happy to oblige. Nothing new here, just look back at the super yachts of the day. Gilded fittings, stone fireplaces etc, just limited by technology back then.
I have seen a video where one yacht owner has to remove the grand piano and suits of armor before he goes racing

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site