Wet & Dry Vac

jcwads

Visit site
Has anyone purchased and had a good experience with a Wet and Dry Vac?

Considering this for my boat, to take up excess bilge water, but then use as a vac on the boat when needed too.

Mr Googler

Visit site
I bought a little b and q one for £15. Shop vac I think it says on it. Ace little thing and stows away easily. Doesn’t hold much. Maybe 4 litres before it fills up.

superheat6k

Visit site
I've had a cheapy from Screwfix for nearly 4 years since I bought Boadicea. The plastic tank means it doesn't rust out, and I use it for the bilges and general hoovering. After 4 years still going strong.

tico

Visit site
I've had a goblin (remember them?) Aquavac for about 30 years..... seen me through 3 house rebuilds, plaster ,tiles, bricks,sawdust, empied bilges and swimming pools and still going strong.
The only downside is that it sounds roughly akin to a 747 on takeoff!

jrudge

Visit site
Buy the cheapest one you can and sling it if it goes wrong.

They are very very useful - they also get abused, filled with C***, used without filters and left damp so it is not an ideal thing to make a big investment in.

I had an outlet Karcher. The most recent was I think E20 in the Spanish equiv of B and Q. Works well. The last one got water in the motor and started smoking !

Most things I buy half decent - wet vac is not one of those things.

snowbird30ds

Norfolk broads based, coast when time allows.
Visit site
I've had a cheapy argos one for a good few years now and it's been brilliant, currently it lives in someone elses shed near the boat so I don't even have to carry it about (I bet he still hasn't used it for what he borrowed it for), takes all the crud out of the bilge, had water spewing from the fan a few times and still goes.
As said don't buy fancy as you'll only abuse it way beyond warranty terms.

bowler

Visit site