Westerly Oceanquest question

TREM

Visit site
We have a drying mooring and are are looking to upgrade to bigger bilge keeler such as the Oceanquest.
Can any one tell me whether all Oceanquests were built with teak decks?
Thanks in anticipation.

Concerto

Visit site
All standard Westerlies came with painted decks. Teak decks would have been an expensive extra.

On the otherhand a 20+ year old teak deck is a potential big bill for replacement in the near future. I would be looking for a boat without a teak deck. Painted decks are much easier to keep in good condition than teak and have excellent grip.

pvb

Visit site
Westerly teak decks of that era were made of a thin teak veneer on a plywood sub-base, glued on to the GRP deck. They wear quickly and look awful. Many have by now had the teak/ply removed and the deck simply painted, or perhaps covered with Treadmaster. If you look at an Oceanquest with an original teak deck, you should consider reducing any offer by £20K or so to cover the work which will inevitably be needed.

Fimacca

Visit site
I posted a similar question 2 weeks ago and had loads of replies, lots of suggestions and a big list for my family boat query. Scroll back a bit!