Well done the motor boater

Spyro

Visit site
Congrats Alistair, 2 in a row. A very brave move you made heading so far North but it paid off in the end.
Now to decide when to head back in that big cat.

Alistairr

Visit site
Thanks Booby, I have to admit, I was panicing the last 2 days, I just didn't want to lose the YBW win, YBWCobblerslast pushed me all the way to the line, but I managed to maintain the gap to him and pickup a few more places. I didn't stay up for the last 2 nights, but I would've been as well too, as I lay in bed awake worrying was the boat going in the right direction?! But my DC's worked well.

I am well chuffed with this result, my best ever, and I managed to beat you all fair and square! Well done to you Booby for finishing.......eventually!!! lol :D:D

Regarding heading back, I think tomorrows looking good for the off! See you again on the other side.

Cheers

Al. :D

sarabande

Visit site
Alistairr - excuse for asking, but are you using routing software, or Human Brain Mk V ?

I was also thinking of starting tomorrow to try and ride the NWesterlies. It means a very northerly route, though, and I am allergic to cold !

Alistairr

Visit site
No, I don't use any sort of routing software, infact I have trouble reading the weather I have on screen.

I sail by the seat of my pants! :D Most of my calculations are done by looking at the screen for ages(my wife is baffled how I can look at SOL for so long without making a move:D), moving the little weather arrow back and forward several dozen times and then making a calculated guess as to which way to head for the next few hours!! :D

Honestly, I am a motorboater, and don't know how to sail or read weather so I guess I'm a good guesser.

Best of luck on return,

Al.
BTW, whats your SOL name?

Last edited:

Spyro

Visit site
Regarding heading back, I think tomorrows looking good for the off! See you again on the other side.

Cheers

Al. :D

Tomorrow morn is looking good but Fri night looks a lot better, not sure if I can wait that long though.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT, I've just started by mistake forgot to put a tick in the delay box.

Last edited:

sarabande

Visit site
I always enjoy watching someone having a gentle sail..... :D

I think I am gonna start on Friday.

ybw_pandorax

(Someone tie Alistairr to the electronic quay for while please)

Alistairr

Visit site
Tomorrow morn is looking good but Fri night looks a lot better, not sure if I can wait that long though.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT, I've just started by mistake forgot to put a tick in the delay box.
Very very funny. Hope you enjoy your gentle sail. :D

You'll just need to finish, and take a second run at it.:cool:

I'm heading off tomorrow, can't wait till friday.
I'll give you a wave as i pass!!;):p

Cheers

Al.

Spyro

Visit site
Very very funny. Hope you enjoy your gentle sail. :D

You'll just need to finish, and take a second run at it.:cool:

I'm heading off tomorrow, can't wait till friday.
I'll give you a wave as i pass!!;):p

Cheers

Al.

You'll not be laughing soon. I can see the wind overtaking you. I think I might just stay in front of it if I'm lucky.
Maybe not such a big mistake leaving earlier than planned.

Boobed Trapper