Weekend trip to Menorca/whalewatching (lots of pics)

Nautical

www.outerreefyachts.com
Cool pics J, looks fabulous , have you got a damage limitation policy in place for when the Irish contingent arrive :) that SV bloke will be high on cranberry juice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is what happened last time he was on hols.............

sunburn3.jpg

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Super pics, jfm. Yup Monarch is better than Sleazyjet, mainly 'coz you can prebook the extended legroom seats which are BA Club Europe pitch. We take Monarch quite a lot to Majorca but, FWIW and I don't know whether we're unlucky, but their punctuality seems a lot worse than Sleazy
You were berthed in Mahon pretty much where we were 3 years ago. I think the berths are all owned by Sunseeker Menorca and, yes, they are affected by swell from passing boats and, in the end, I got fed up with passers by gawping at us from the quay. I'm pretty sure the cala pics you posted were taken in Cala Grau and you quite right, there are far less boats crusing around Menorca than the other Balearic Isles but there's a reason for that. The weather is generally more windy (not for nothing is Menorca known as the windy isle) and, if the Mistral blows, Menorca gets the worst of it. We spent the best part of 2 weeks cruising there and gave up in the end because it was so windy every day. It looks like you were lucky. Maybe early season is better

Sneds

Visit site
Love the image of SV /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wish we were there /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Coupe

Visit site
Not far wrong there Ted.

Recent pic...

C3.jpg

Antonio Bandyarse - eat yer heart out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Coupe

Visit site
Great blog there JFM - SV clan very impressed with the whales - must have been an awesome sight.

I spoze the med lark does have one or two things going for it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey there, hang on a mo - how did you manage to hit Menorca with the chartplotter the wrong way up (remember my head-up thread) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See you 14th /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigfish

Visit site
Great post jfm, now feeling really empty as I have just sold my boat in mallorca, not feeling jealous at all!!

MedDreamer

Visit site
Fantastic report and pics JFM.

You unknowingly have given me a bad case of post holiday blues as we were there two weeks ago on a non boaty holiday with all the family and had a wonderful time.

We left on the Saturday before you arrived on the Sunday and the weather was glorious when we left. However, if you had arrived one week earlier this is what you would have found just outside Mahon Harbour

IMGP0069-1.jpg

This is taken from S'Algar just west of Mahon Harbour entrance. The swell was huge and I really wouldn't have wanted to be on the water in those conditions.

Hopefully when we go across by boat this Summer we will get the same weather you had. As it may be our last boating summer I really want to get all around the island and visit some of the places your great pics show

MedDreamer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
GSkip...........I saw you talking to lots of people sorting out Mr BlueSky

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey G'Skip did you have to "sort out" all the young females who were partying aboard Mr Bluesky a couple of weekends ago? It's a tough job but I suppose someone has to do it.................