we are on the water.

louandkim

Visit site
Trespass is sailing!

not a question, just an update to inspire those potential Livaboards yet to make the move, and a thankyou to this forum for the wealth of info it has been and continues to be.

we spent 3 months on the hard up the Magra river, south of La Spezia Italy. working on 'Trespass' our 37ft prout snowgoose Catamaran and finally got her in the water about a week ago.

we met some great people, sailors (hi Charlie, hi Albert) and a lot of very helpfull Italian locals, once you get past their natural reserve they are in my opinion a warm and giving bunch.

since we have been in the water we have been under an electrical storm at anchor, (probably not under it but it felt like it to us!)
had the engine fail to start after a period of sailing, with a wire vibrating off the starter fuse.
sat in a very poor anchorage Just inside Lovorno port with flat batteries (i know i know my fault)

we are now alongside in Lovorno marina, actually the benetti yard, and enjoying the town the sun the wine.

we are going to Capraia tomorrow (leaving monday to avoid the weekend crowd) then to Elba then ......

we have had some significant highs and lows over the past 3 months, not least over the past week! but we have finally made our dream of "living a life less ordinary"

hey.. well done to us!!!

louandkim

Visit site
Hi Roaring Girl.

We see you guys spent weeks there!

we are (read, i am) currently trying to break the scheduling mindset that insists that we spend a day or two in any one place then move on.. and on..

we have hopefully years to see the world!! slow down! slow down!!!

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
At Elba, the bay outside Portoferraio is a fab anchorage and a great base from which to bus around the island.

Make sure you anchor well away from the ferry port, where you could not possibly be accused of impeding a ship. We know of two yachts that were towed away while the owners were ashore on the pretext that they were a hazard. It cost them more than €1000 to recover their boats.

mandlmaunder

Visit site
Well done guys

Told you you'd make it, now to hurry up and slow down.

Every time something breaks or you come across a better way of doing something that is another tick in the 'something learned' box.

In about 400 years you will know everything there is to know about sailing, in the mean time fun is to be had every day just doing what you want.

Mark n Lee
cat Manatee