Wats it called?

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
What is the name of the green hose for marine use, the stuff with light green reinforcing rings around it?
Also can anyone tell me where I can get it in the Glasgow area, other than the only chandlers here, as they dont do it in 11/4" ID, which is waht I need for my cockpit drains, as the clear plastic hosing with a braid in it just flattens when I try to bend it, whereas the green stuff bends a lot better without kinking, at least in the smaller sizes anyway.
BTW I only need about 1.5mtr.

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
I have some, I bought a load at the jumble a while back, no help, but this is the same diameter as bog pipe yes?

cliff

Visit site
What about the swindelery at Largs Yacht Haven?

Or Fyfe and McGrouthers
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
The hose I am talking about isent quite the same as the hose on that site Dogwatch.
The stuff I have used before is more transparent and much lighter walled with promenant rings around it.
The hose on your link site also comes in white and is mostly used for sanitary useand cant be bent to the same degree as the stuff I am after.
My cockpit drain through hulls are quite close together and the bend to the upper fittings have to be very tight radius.
Thanks for trying .

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Thanks Cliff, will try Fife and watsit, in the morning, and largs swindlers, but if I knew the proper name, it would make it easier to explain what I am after.
Cheers, C_W.

misterg

Visit site
Reinforced hose ?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, I've seen it in ARCO a lot cheaper than any where else:

web page

More expensive options available on the same site.

No connections, etc. (Actually, they do have connections, but I don't)

Andy

Edit:

Your local branch

Arco Limited
P.O. Box 7308
210 Edmiston Drive
Glasgow
GB
G51 2WN
Telephone: 0141 419 3200
Fax: 0141 419 3232
Email: glasgow.branch@arco.co.uk
Opening Hours: Office:
8:00am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
Trade Counter:
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm Saturday

The other, really useful thing that they (used to?) carry was neoprene strip and sheet for making hatch and window seals.

Andy

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Misterg, your spot on, it is the stuff I am after, Arcoflex.
I was on my way in to Arco on fri, but there was a notice on the door, Closed for stock taking.
The only thing is Arco only sell it in big rolls, I think I will try them for a 1.5mtr sample on the pretence that I may need 2000mtrs for a big contract comming up soon, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Thanks, C_W.

Richard10002

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
1½" /quote]

How do you get the little half to appear, rather than 11/2 or 11/4 which confused me completely.

I guess it's some kind of ASCII key combination?

pampas

Visit site
Try your nearest Farm Industry outlet, as farmers use the same stuff for blowing and drainage systems and should be cheaper, at least in TRuro this is the case, just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
Misterg, your spot on, it is the stuff I am after, Arcoflex.
I was on my way in to Arco on fri, but there was a notice on the door, Closed for stock taking.
The only thing is Arco only sell it in big rolls, I think I will try them for a 1.5mtr sample on the pretence that I may need 2000mtrs for a big contract comming up soon, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Thanks, C_W.

[/ QUOTE ]

We use it on our additive pumps !! and is rated to quite high figures for vacuum .... we always find it in local equivalent of B&Q over here .... Maijas Damas .... and in green or semi-transparent white.

As another says - try local farm suppliers etc. ...