Waterbuoy

Would you consider buying a new Trader from Tarquin at Emsworth?

• Total voters

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Good idea, BUT!

Nicho
Let me get this straight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Are you claiming the glory of a 200 thread? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MapisM

Visit site

Well, frankly at this stage I didn't organize the NewCo rollout - yet.
But since you ask, I will arrange a special "early bird subscriber" plan for any forumite genuinely interested in a participation, well before the NYSE IPO, with the climb to the Fortune 500 which will quickly follow.
...after all, I'll owe entirely to this thread what is bound to become a reference business case at HBS in a few years.
Bear with me, guys and gals!
(I said B-E-A-R, no anagram jokes please /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

1. Will you apponit me as the marketing director or the R&D director? Or is the product so good that it will require no further R&D?
2. Do you wish me, for a fee of course, to examine any possible competitors on this forum? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Do the 4 out of 10 people who voted for Waterbuoy to save the weight realise that if Waterbuoy could pull 1 kg at the surface by the time the balloon opened it would be smaller and hence the whole would have negative buoyancy - hence the weight and baloon would increase in density as it gets deeper and hence increase speed to reach its terminal velocity which would be fast - travelling downwards never to be seen again? Thats even if it could lift the 1 kg weight at the surface!????? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Nope - it was always 100 feet - read back this is Waterbouys figure.
However even in 33 feet the same principle applies.
If the baloon can just manage 1 kg at the surface with a static lift it simply cannot manage it at any sort of depth because the baloon size will be less and so negative buoyancy will not be reached even at 10 feet PLUS the fact that the speeding downward lead has to have its inertia checked and this requires much more braking energy.

I once gave a talk in Maimi on a private island to a crownd of anglers and had to explain why a sinking dense fly line travelling at x speed would also sink down to earth faster than a floating line. In the audiance was the Chief of Police of Miami.
I walked up to him and asked him what he would do if I held him up with a 0.34 magnum - he said he would take note and put his hands up. I then asked him if I took the bullet out of the gun - the same weight and threatened to throw it at him what notice would he take ..... the only difference is the velocity of the bullet. You need a lot of mass to stop that bullet.

Its the same in this case because the X sconds it takes before the baloon explodes means that it will be exploding probably under at least twice the pressure and so would not even counter the SG of the lead - it would still continue to sink because the baloon and lead are denser than water. That is without even counting the downward kinetic energy of the lead.

In order to lift a lead weight of 1 kg or even a steel or other dense object of 1 kg, you would require many litres of balloon at the surface. That is just not there. I beleive the video shows a 1 kg low SG weight just making it from a standing start in a standing very shallow water depth. Hence i would not trust WB with larger objects.

So even if you drop in keys by the time WB explodes there will be much reduced buoyancy but probably sufficient to gradually brake the keys fall and lift it to the surface but that is about it.

I hope the penny is beginning to drop .... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would love the magazine to organise this test.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Who should we believe? So far WB is demonstrating greater integrity than you. You both promised to give up on this thread, he stuck to his word /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Meem513

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I enjoyed those videos ..... seems to me they prove that some humans will never understand the physics! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I like this one as well, music is better imo .

Mea /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MapisM

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
1. Will you apponit me as the marketing director or the R&D director? Or is the product so good that it will require no further R&D?

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry Paul, considering the brilliant presentation by Take5, I don't see how I could appoint anyone else as Marketing Director!
And yes, actually further R&D once the device will be released would be pointless, there will be just a very little room for improvement, but without any real R&D commitment, just a few selected experts' support maybe.
[ QUOTE ]
2. Do you wish me, for a fee of course, to examine any possible competitors on this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]Competitors? Pah! We'll take no prisoners! I'm only afraid of imitations, competition of alternative products is something I couldn't even think of....

Take5

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Paul, considering the brilliant presentation by Take5, I don't see how I could appoint anyone else as Marketing Director!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words but im gutted with myself for not testing it properly. It's supposed to finish off at the very end with a Raspberry noise (reference to the beans).

arghhh well, can't win em all.

This as been a great thread btw (imho).

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Take 5
The whole thing to me is a light hearted thing with moments of frustration - your flash movie was simple fantastic and brought tears of laughter to my eyes.

Of course you have now done me out of a great marketing job .... that may be more of a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MapisM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So far WB is demonstrating greater integrity than you.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't impair the sacred and desecrate the holy, integrity is not what really matters here.
WB posts were boring, Paul's posts aren't. Irritating maybe, but not boring.
What are you looking for in a forum?