Watch With Mother !!

G

Or Blue Peter ( for the younger ones).

Whats happening to this site.

As I understand it this site is about Motor Boats.

About 28 to 50 foot motor boats.

It's not about little speed boats or super tankers

Some prats going to ask about Oxford and Cambridge

next.

By the way who did win, and can they get in touch cos theres a bloke wants to change harbours and needs there help, tell them to bring there oars please!!

It's for people with a little bit of knowledge

on the subject, Those thats doing it,

or those that want to learn a bit more.

It can be humorous. Well Mat and Colin think so anyway !!

It can be informative or misinformed if you like !!

But unless it's the beer thats getting to me.

Theres been more fool questions this last couple of weeks than a whole series of Dads Army!!

Byron has some thing to answer for, asking for more input. I think he's been canvassing with Tony Blair,

or was it mad cows or foot in mouth!!

Anyway it's easter in a couple of weeks and the boats back in the water with a nice shiny bottom. So where are we all going this ( summer )??

Lets face it theres loads of water, so no excuses!!

Sues dragging me up to Yarmouth about July.

Hope to get a bit better MPG than the guy who's moving

habours about!!.

Or maybe the low loaders still attached from the last trip?

I'm sending the wife on her hols this summer to Spain via Biscay. I've told her she'll have loads of juice with half a tank in the boat, so she can leave all the money at home!!

Colin can you send the twins over from Bosnia. I'll need a replacement crew.

Hope those red cross pratts dont get to them first with the free clothes !!

Well now theres a bit more crap to keep all us lot happy for the weekend !!.

G

Blue Peter badges will not be issued at the Disorg Rally (5th/6th July (Yarmouth IoW.).

I'm not sure I'l be allowed to go now, my 'ship' is less than 28 foot long. Oh dear. Perhaps I can add a bowsprit.

Sue

G

Sorry, I own a 23' boat, does that mean I cannot join in?

G

Elitism?

I thought that this forum was headed "motor boat talk", don't remember seeing a proviso about size.

G

Hay Haydn, did you see the boat race, unfortunate the clash of oars, presume you remember oars, they come with small boats normally, unless you are a roman emporer, then theres about 30 sets. I think the forum is also for those peole with no knowledge, or else, haw are they going to learn? Yes I think you have had too mush beer, and the return key on your keyboard seems to have a stutter. Full marks for pomposity.

G

Dont misinterpret me. But I thought this site was linked to motor boat and yachting mag. And that mag relates to 20 odd to 50 odd ft boats Yatchs go to Scuttlbutt and I presuum there are sites some place for speed boats and others !!

G

Re: Elitism?

Its not how big it is its how you use it ;-)

Attachments

• rudder5.jpg
    rudder5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0
G

Nothing wrong with generalisations Haydn but I can't help observing that this this board seems to have more people who either already do use their boat substiantially, or plan to (when they get it in some cases), and thats what seperates them from those that frequent other boards exclusively.

In this I assume that the Yarmouth trip scheduled will sort out the men from the boys.

ps regret that I cannot join you as I have to be somewhere else that weekend!!!!!!

really do look forward to meeting many 'names' on the water this season - though if I see Pauline waving a tape measure I will have to beat a hasty retreat.

G

According to most men, size doesn't matter. Nice to see you're now in agreement with women - size does matter (but most ladies are too polite to admit it)

PB.

G

Anyone arriving in a Princess, Roman Galley or a Fletcher Bravo will be welcomed. We need all the support we can get..

Sue

G

Re: Elitism?

That's a myth put about by owners of small ones

PB

G

Re: disorg update

Am I on the list? I can charter summink from rent-a-ragger in hamble, losing max 500 bucks if the making- it-surf-by-towing-from-around-the-keel event goes badly wrong.

G

watch with a pompous twit!

Is this a backtrack Haydn, we have gone from an about 28-50 foot to 20 odd to 50 odd, does that mean that those of us in the lower 20s are now accepted? This forum may be linked to motor boat and yachting mag, which may in fact be aimed at a spacific market, but, that does not stop them advertising items for smaller boats, or indeed accepting my money for thier publication. My 22 Cabin cruiser, will do 30 Knotts but is not classed as a speedboat, I suppose that I fall into the "others" catagory, therefor I presume that I am not wanted here by your rekoning. It is also my Presumtion that me and others like me are no longer welcome by you and you cronies at the disorganised rally at Yarmouth. I wonder, if my boat was 58 feet would I also be an outcast in Haydn's eyes?

G

Re: watch with a pompous twit!

A boat is a boat is a boat. Really! size doesn't mean a thing and often has no reflection on a person's personal wealth. The late Lord Goring who counted his wealth in millions ran a 20 footer with an outboard and got as much fun out of it as anyone. Come to think of it Ernie Wise had a small Freeman and he wasn't exactly skint.

G

Re: watch with a pompous twit!

I agree with you fully, however, you are not the person that made the comments.

G

where has haydn gone?

where is Haydn, he seems a bit quieter than on saturday night. come on defend your comments.

G

Re: where has haydn gone?

I was comenting mainly on silly postings. The boat size was just a side issue, But lets face it the site is not realy suitable for small speedboats and ribs etc. The commment was not intended to be snobish or a put down on smaller boats. The point is that, If we all started putting boat comments on the sex site, cricket on the cookery site and football on ?? site, the system would grind to a halt.

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
  • aboela.jpg
    aboela.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
G

Re: where has haydn gone?

The point is Haydn, you should have said what you meant then. perhaps you should have had a go at those who advertise, or the those that turned the hands on forum into a political soap box. whenb i maoned about that, i just got a good slagging off. never the less, as a small boater who buys the mag and therefor, helps pay for this site, I found your posting offensive.