Warsash one design for Jester challenge

rob2

Visit site
I seem to recall an article in PBO some years ago about refitting a Warsash One Design for just such a venture. ctually, not so much a refit as a redesign - strengthening the bulkheads and making a watertight chamber in the bow, all new accomodation, etc. On this basis a project boat sounds ideal!

Rob.

Spuddy

Visit site
There's one in the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk - the owner and I had a chat cos my then Folkdancer was a developement. The WOD had been seriously modded mainly on deck and coachroof so more suitable for ocean trips; junk rigged; cabin had storage down one side and bunk on the other. Excellent for a singlehander but a lot of work done.

paul.dlf

Visit site
Yes this one is definitely a project but a good starting point. They have a 60% ballast ratio and 1.2 tons of lead in an encapsulated keel. If anyone's interested, she's on eBay with a reserve of £675 and a buy it now of £2k. I need her moved soon because I've got building work about to start and she's in the way. I'm really hoping that someone takes her on as a project rather than just scraps her for the lead. If anyone wants to know more, my email is pauldlf(at)me.com, or have a look for her on eBay. Thanks.