Waeco fridge

BOBBIN

Visit site
Have installed Waeco CU54 with VDO1 plate frodge running on 12v.
Want to have 240v feed through an inverter.
What is the best way to wire this system, please?

MoodySabre

Visit site
I know it's not the answer to your question but....

I have a Waeco compressor etc for my fridge running on 12v. I wired it in so that it can only run off the domestic battery (no 2 on the three way switch). I wired a battery charger into the back of the 3 way switch so that when I have shore power I can charge which ever battery the switch is pointing at. Generally this means pointing it at No 2 battery because that is running the fridge, lights etc. So no need for a rectifier and I can charge either or both batteries:)

MarkJohnson12345

www.markjohnsonafloat.org.uk
I know it's not the answer to your question but....

I have a Waeco compressor etc for my fridge running on 12v. I wired it in so that it can only run off the domestic battery (no 2 on the three way switch). I wired a battery charger into the back of the 3 way switch so that when I have shore power I can charge which ever battery the switch is pointing at. Generally this means pointing it at No 2 battery because that is running the fridge, lights etc. So no need for a rectifier and I can charge either or both batteries:)

Ditto.

My comprssor is wired, via its own switch, to the domestic battery.

I have a 3 stage shore power charger going to the batteries, thus can use the fridge with the battery charger on.

Billjratt

Visit site
Weaco's mobitronic mains supply is the best way of doing it (if you're going to invest anyway) It runs the compressor at 24volts (I think) and auto -reverts to the battery when the mains goes away.
Otherwise, just leave it on the battery and get a decent charging setup fitted for when shorepower is available.
There is another Waeco gismo that boosts the compressor if it senses charging voltage, but I think it's mostly recommended if you have a holding plate installed.