Victron MTTP 75 10

Andrew_Trayfoot

Visit site
Have just installed a Victron MTTP 75 10.
I currently only have a 30w panel, but that will increase in the next few years..

So if I look at the Victron Connect app I can't see any charge history recorded at all.

Also the app can only connect to the regular in daylight. Is this correct?

Screen shot of the app below:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240211_122142.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211_122142.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 43

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Have just installed a Victron MTTP 75 10.
I currently only have a 30w panel, but that will increase in the next few years..

So if I look at the Victron Connect app I can't see any charge history recorded at all.

Also the app can only connect to the regular in daylight. Is this correct?

Screen shot of the app below:
Check connections from the controller to the battery.

Andrew_Trayfoot

Visit site
If you click on the picture you will see it is showing a battery voltage of 13.92v. So I think the connection is OK..

I was wondering if the battery is full so no charging.. simple as that.

Also there are a lot of setting options for the regulator but I can't see anything obvious for a bog standard LA battery..

PaulRainbow

Visit site
If you click on the picture you will see it is showing a battery voltage of 13.92v. So I think the connection is OK..

I was wondering if the battery is full so no charging.. simple as that.

Also there are a lot of setting options for the regulator but I can't see anything obvious for a bog standard LA battery..
Sorry Andrew, i looked at the picture but didn't click it.

As William suggests, try turning something on.

You don't have any other charging sources on at the same time, do you ?

For a standard SLA battery set custom voltages of 14.4 bulk and 13.4 float. Yours show 13.92 float, way too high.

You might need to enable "Expert mode" :

To access expert mode and expand the advanced settings menu, enter the advanced setting menu and enable the 'Expert mode' switch

MikeBz

Visit site
If the battery voltage is greater than the float voltage set in the controller then the current indicated will be zero. This could happen if something else is charging the battery [duh, as Paul has already suggested], or has only very recently been switched off, or the controller has only just switched from absorption (e.g. 14.4V) to float. I would have thought that if the float voltage set in the controller was 13.92V (can you set it to 0.01 of a V?) then a few tens of milliamps would be flowing just to maintain that voltage.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
The history is on the second tab, swipe left.

You can download the history as a CSV file and read it into a spreadsheet.

The app will connect to any of the Victron Bluetooth devices in the network at any time of day, but the MTTP will only be charging the batteries during the hours of daylight.

Andrew_Trayfoot

Visit site
The history is on the second tab, swipe left.

You can download the history as a CSV file and read it into a spreadsheet.

The app will connect to any of the Victron Bluetooth devices in the network at any time of day, but the MTTP will only be charging the batteries during the hours of daylight.
I have only been able to get the app to connect when there is daylight.

Daverw

Visit site
Does sound like it’s powering down some how as we've always have Bluetooth still available at night. Dies the front blue light flash when no solar?

Daverw

Visit site
Sounds like your not connected correctly to house battery’s somehow as these would keep the unit alive without the solar, check with meter for polarity to battery

Gumpy

Visit site
The lights on the fridge sre my main problem at night. A tea towel over it cures that. As for the blue light on the Victron a small square of black insulating tape does the trick unless like mine it's in a cupboard so I can't see it.