VHF license discs

seaesta

Visit site
Mike

It is useful and refreshing for a public servant to be communicating in this way - good on yer.

On the upside we have a radio spectrum that is usable - great
On the downside I note that every year my license fee goes up and that I seem to get absolutely zero for this fee - a bit like employing lots of coppers on a hebridean island with zero crime. Great there is no crime but its bug*** all to do with the coppers.
Since the sale of the g3 licenses allowed the Radio Comm Agency to return literally billions of quid to the Treasury we ought NOT to be paying increasing fees.

Everyone else in the world is having to deliver more for less - so I suspect that is whats in store for your new organisation - trouble is the change will probably be driven by a highly intelligent but non user friendly person that has never achieved anything in the real world and who will just end up causing stress to staff and no extra customer value. (just getting off the soapbox now)

<hr width=100% size=1>

AOWYN

www.clinksystems.com
Re: Licence discs

So your boat hasn't got a knife on board and you don't have any finger nails and you would prefer a piece of paper stuck inside a plastic holder which doesn't stick very well to the inside of a window in the first place?

I think the reason the licence authority stick with the silly piece of paper is because the car people still do and they are where they are because like most public/government bodies in this country they can't accept that the rest of the world might have some ideas/procedures which are better than the good old British way of doing things.

Anyway, compared with the other stupidities of the authorities it is not the most important thing in life, so what the hell,

Cheers, and Good Sailing

<hr width=100% size=1>

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Re: Licence discs

Yes, I have a knife on board. However, like most other yachts, my windows are perspex, which scratches easily. Therefore, I don't really want to be scraping away at them with a knife.

I've never had any problem getting the plastic holdwer to stick. I guess if I had, I might feel slightly different.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Oh oh, I'm not sure how you can state that your licence fee goes UP each year.

The fee has been consistently reduced over the last ten years! The last reduction being from £22 to £20 nearly 2 and a half years ago.

Maybe you're thinking of another Ship Radio Licence??

As to Ofcom I will reserve judgement until there is something to pass judgement on.

Mike

<hr width=100% size=1>Manager,
Aeronautical & Maritime Services Section,
Radiocommunications Agency

Haha, I'm already planning the Ofcom Ships Licence Ltd. Huge above the line media campaigns all funded by the new (brought into line with other radio sectors) £250 per year radio licence, tee hee.

I, in actual fact (IF Ofcom decides that I am not too much trouble) will continue to ensure value for money for my customers. However it is true that I am likely to be under far greater commercial pressure to increase the fees.

Mike

charity

Visit site
I think it is a little unfair to state that we get nothing for the licence fee. Every year without fail I get a letter to remind me to renew my licence!

<hr width=100% size=1>

I've written it so many times so I'm not going to go through it all again.

Have a look at the Airwaves newsletters here http://www.radio.gov.uk/topics/maritime/maritime-index.htm

They will help you to understand what the Intenational requirements are for pleasure vessels that choose to use the International Maritime Mobile radio service.

Mike