VHF display says, No position, no time.

Refueler

Visit site
If the connector is a pnc i think, push in and twist, could not get a postion on my gps, the connector middle pin had pushed itself back into the connector and not making a connection, so give it a good inspection. and try a spare antenne

Its not unusual for that pin to come loose in threaded SMA as well ... there's not much holds it !

With SMA ... there is another fault if not careful. We use SMA for various in Drone and FPV use .. particularly antenna upgrades.

The base socket is fine - but the plug can if not bought as a pair - be a touch too long in the threaded outer. When screwing in place - the outer reaches final thread but pin is still not fully home ...
I usually grind of a small amount of the outer to make sure plug pin gets fully home before outer thread finishes.

MADRIGAL

Visit site
If you change the GPS antenna, try it below deck first.
I'm pleased to report that replacing the GPS antenna puck has resolved the issue: position, time, and SOG are now all
reported. A forumite reported by DM that he had experienced the same fault and that Icom had told him there was a problem with the GPS antennas for these sets. Thanks to Paul Rainbow and Refueller for advising that the antenna would work just fine through a GRP deck; it is now in the lazarette with the VHF and I did not have to faff about getting the metal connector through a deck gland!