Vetus Wireless dual remote control for thrusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlea

Visit site
I am thinbking of installing a stern thruster to complement my Vetus bow thruster and I know there is a wireless remote control avilable which moves both thursters in the same direction at the same time.

Does anyone have one of these or does anyone know whether with such a dual remote you can still operate each thruster separately? Or do I still need two separte joysticvks to do that?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Dunno about Vetus. The Sleipner one operates either or both independently in either direction, or both together in the same direction with a single button. Anything else would seem completely useless so I expect Vetus much the same. Do you have proportional thrusters?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
It's a costly extra feature on Sleipner. Don't know if it's available on Vetus, but if your existing bow thruster isn't proportional then no point in having a propo stern thruster. The benefit is that you can engage at lower power for a longer period, makes a lot less noise. Engage both together at say 25% power to hold you against a dock for example.

Gustywinds

Visit site
I am thinbking of installing a stern thruster to complement my Vetus bow thruster and I know there is a wireless remote control avilable which moves both thursters in the same direction at the same time.

Does anyone have one of these or does anyone know whether with such a dual remote you can still operate each thruster separately? Or do I still need two separte joysticvks to do that?
Vetus V-CAN Compatible wireless Remote Control System 12/24v (CANVWRC)
I priced this up when I was looking at a boat that had Vetus thrusters. Pressing, say, top right operates bow thruster only, bottom right stern thruster, middle right both together.
The boat I did buy has Sidepower thrusters so I got this Remote control kit for dual thruster & dual windlass, 12/24V, EU
Has worked very well so far although I wish I could operate the gearbox so I may eventually go all in and buy a Dockmate.
Note: My thrusters are not proportional, I don’t think they were on any boat I looked at. Even the ones with joysticks seemed to be on/off

noelex

Visit site
That looks utterly sh*te. Why would you use that instead of a device that actually looks like it might be related to the job in hand?
Tell me what you really think :).

These industrial units such are more reliable than the marine equivalents in my experience. The low cost also means you can have a spare unit ready to go in the event of failure.

Last edited:

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Tell me what you really think :).

These industrial units such are more reliable than the marine equivalents in my experience. The low cost also means you can have a spare unit ready to go in the event of failure.
Doesn’t it worry you just a tiny bit that a crane controller looks nothing whatsoever like a controller for a pair of thrusters. Which button does what?

noelex

Visit site
Doesn’t it worry you just a tiny bit that a crane controller looks nothing whatsoever like a controller for a pair of thrusters. Which button does what?
You can configure any button to do whatever you want (but not proportional control if you have this option installed).

The pictured unit has six control buttons plus seperate on and off buttons. There are alternatives with more (or less) options available if you wish.

Last edited:

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I’m in no doubt that it’s a good device for controlling a crane. You’re obviously oblivious to the fundamental difference between a crane and a pair of boat thrusters. Any normal human looking at that whilst trying to park their boat would be utterly lost. Maybe you sell them. That might be a reason for promoting this device but I can’t see any other.

Dogone

Visit site
I’m in no doubt that it’s a good device for controlling a crane. You’re obviously oblivious to the fundamental difference between a crane and a pair of boat thrusters. Any normal human looking at that whilst trying to park their boat would be utterly lost. Maybe you sell them. That might be a reason for promoting this device but I can’t see any other.
If you speak Korean, it’s not an issue.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
You can configure any button to do whatever you want (but not proportional control if you have this option installed).

The pictured unit has six control buttons plus seperate on and off buttons. There are alternatives with more (or less) options available if you wish.
That will not work with a Vetus thruster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other threads that may be of interest