Vetus Wireless dual remote control for thrusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelex

Visit site
Maybe you sell them. That might be a reason for promoting this device but I can’t see any other.
I do not sell anything, or receive any free products or unusual discounts on any marine products. I strongly reject the implication. You should withdraw this unfounded accusation.

I am simply alerting forum members to a better (in my view) and cheaper alternative.

Last edited:

noelex

Visit site
The buttons are marked

Stop
Start
Up
Down
North
East
South
West

Which one do I use to push my bow to port?
Programming this circled button to operate the bow thruster to port would be logical.

The right hand top up and down buttons would operate the anchor windlass. The green and red buttons on the left turn the remote on and off.

There is nothing complicated or illogical.

You_Doodle_2024-07-13T20_09_46Z.jpeg

Last edited:

noelex

Visit site
Nope. Won't work. You're not listening.
It certainly works with a Sleipner or Sidepower (non proportional) bow thruster. I am not sure why it would not work for the very similar Vetus bow thruster.

Non proportional bow thrusters use a relay to activate port and starboard thrust. This relay can be activated by any suitable signal. You do not normally need expensive proprietary parts, but I am happy to learn.

Perhaps you can explain why this would not work for this particular bow thruster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.