Vendee globe - predictions

matt1

Visit site
Not a lot of footage of HB but the limited clips I've seen suggests she foils differently (at least to Charal). The bow seems to come up a lot less and she seems a lot flatter / more level in the water (more so in later, rather than earlier footage). I just think he was very unlucky to have the keel collision in the TJV and then lockdown. I'm sure he's starting at a disadvantage in terms of experience on the boat compared to some of the other top teams. On the other hand he can probably improve more than them as the race goes on. So if he starts off as fast as the others....my theory says he will end quicker ;-)

www.highwatersails.com
At least 4 boats are title contenders.
Apiva with Charlie Dalin is a very well run programme with a fast boat.
Jeremie Beyou has a quick boat with lots of miles.
Thomas Ruyant knows how to perform with top results in other classes and boat well thought out.
Alex Thompson has the miles and quite possibly a very fast boat.

People who could rock the boat
L'Occitane is very different and has shown good form.
Corum is a unkown but a well put together programme with a lot of good names involved.
PRB, Kevin Esscoffier will deffinatley be fast even with a older boat.
Sam Davies has a now well sorted boat which has had a lot of input from Paul Mellihat so in the right conditions will be up there.

Lightwave395

Visit site
Nice pontoon walk around in the Les Sables 'paddock', the translation is a bit iffy but interesting nevertheless:

I've struggled with my own limited French when trying to talk about boats, there's a couple of different translations of 'foils' here too

NormanB

Visit site
For those who have an interest in these matters you can also join the race virtually and in real time.

The game app is called VR Offshore and runs iPhone and iPad (I assume Android flavours are available.

There are of course in app purchases but you do not have to buy them to participate and enjoy.

This is information for those that are interested. Please do not think I am instructing you to do this.

If you are too busy/grown up to ‘play games’ or hate handheld devices then you do not need to inform me.