Updates and News

oGaryo

Visit site
Superheat6k (Trevor) has just volunteered to help out with the ride. Trevor has also made the very first donation to the Just Giving site, nice one Trev :encouragement:

Watch out for a news article from YBW in the coming weeks to hopefully drum up further support. :encouragement:

We've also had two significant boaty prizes pledged for an auction that will take place during the Beer and Natter event, more on that later :encouragement:

Marina Managers at Penton Hook and Ocean Village have confirmed their support for the event as has head office, again, more on what that means to the event later.. thanks MDL :encouragement:

Lots more going on in the background to make this a memorable event.. the more cyclist that sign up the better and please don't forget to consider donating to this great cause.. thanks Gary

rafiki_

Visit site
Well done Gary, this is really gathering momentum from what started as a bit of a dream a couple of months ago. I am sat in the airport lounge and really looking forward to getting home tomorrow, so I can get a bit more involved. Training will start over the Christmas break, and all in all I'm really looking forward to the event. :)

oGaryo

Visit site
Firstly, great news, we have hit one of the key milestones for Dec, raising over £350 from forum members so that I can claim a matching donation of £350 from Vodafone, we'll done guys and girls.

Keep the donations coming please as we'd love to get ever closer to that £5k target.

We also have 2 fantastic prizes donated for the after ride auction to be held at the Beer and Natter. See supporters thread for details

oGaryo

Visit site
Great news! The first major target has been achieved with donations now sitting at an amazing £500. That's 10% of our overall target to achieve a total of £5000 by June.

Next target is to reach £1000 and remember you can donate via 3 team member pages (more pages will be added) which I am sure the other guys would appreciate.

See the summary thread for details of how to donate and don't forget you can also donate up to £10 via txt messaging, there's a separate thread within this event section showing you how to.

rafiki_

Visit site
V
Great news! The first major target has been achieved with donations now sitting at an amazing £500. That's 10% of our overall target to achieve a total of £5000 by June.

Next target is to reach £1000 and remember you can donate via 3 team member pages (more pages will be added) which I am sure the other guys would appreciate.

See the summary thread for details of how to donate and don't forget you can also donate up to £10 via txt messaging, there's a separate thread within this event section showing you how to.
Yes fantastic effort from you Gary. I will get my page going over the Christmas break, and we can push on from your fantastic start.

rafiki_

Visit site
Hi Gary. Trying to set up my Just Giving page, and I am struggling to join. I can't find the BikeForCharity event in the BHF section. Any clues what I'm doing wrong?

rafiki_

Visit site

Thanks Gary, have tried this, but I am not getting the same pages as Howard's idiots guide. I seem to get hung up at the point of joining an organised ride or a personal event. Have tried both. On the organised event option, I cannot find "BikeForCharity" for some reason. Maybe because I am on the iPad not a PC? Will try it from a laptop later.

oGaryo

Visit site
LATEST NEWS:

We now have 4 team members that have created Just Giving pages and hopefully Paul will have his up and running soon making it 5. This is great news as the more we have created, the more potential we have for hitting our desired target of £5k. Can I ask those that have their names on the list to consider doing likewise please, the sooner you do, the more donations you're likely to receive which after all, is the reason why we're doing this :encouragement:

I've added the guide to creating your page and joining the team on the Summary Information sticky.. I have also added a link to our team Strava page should you wish to use that to help track your progress during training and log your times on the day of the event.

cheers Gary

oGaryo

Visit site
LATEST NEWS:

We now have 4 team members that have created Just Giving pages and hopefully Paul will have his up and running soon making it 5. This is great news as the more we have created, the more potential we have for hitting our desired target of £5k. Can I ask those that have their names on the list to consider doing likewise please, the sooner you do, the more donations you're likely to receive which after all, is the reason why we're doing this :encouragement:

I've added the guide to creating your page and joining the team on the Summary Information sticky.. I have also added a link to our team Strava page should you wish to use that to help track your progress during training and log your times on the day of the event.

cheers Gary

I've added individual Just Giving pages to the Summary Information sticky to make it easier for those considering to donate to do so.. thanks again for your support so far everyone, I'll add other pages as and when the riders create their pages :encouragement:

rafiki_

Visit site
Nice one, hoping to go for a ride myself today once this frost clears :encouragement:

Have a good one. I rode yesterday, legs were tired last night, so a day off today. May go tomorrow or Wednesday. We're down on the Sarf Coast on Tuesday, catching up with the folks. Actually I need to pop down to Rafiki this week to, for a general check over and tidy up.