Unpin

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I probably agree with you, I am actually getting a bit fed up with it myself /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, you might be inclined to indulge me for a few more days as its unlikely that any other post of mine will achieve over 2000 views! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will then seek its unpinning myself if you wish.

Actually, if 70-odd narrowboats are really coming down from Lancaster or wherever I may even become seriously unhinged /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Forbsie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I may even become seriously unhinged

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have expected your grammar to be better than that! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gavi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's time to dump the whole forum. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this forum and think it deserves a good go at bringing boaters old (like many here) and new (like me) together over 2007. I still look at the others but value the community feel.

Gavi

Visit site
No, 2% is not good. But then I've just walked onto the Thames Island where I live and the river is running fast. During the day there is no traffic due to that and the fact that the lock below me is closed for "refurbishment", is there no wonder there are few boats?

BoatOne laudibly launched this forum in the hope that a number of issues would get a gathering of support. The issues in question are unlikely to be discussed with real experience until the season starts again. As a newbie, I am interested to see (a) where BoatOne's views go, (b) where Thamesbank's often bizzare but clearly wellmeaning ideology goes, and (c) whether this forum can be a good place to exchange tips and experiences during the year.

I say it stays.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
It is the Thames and other inland waterways forum . Would you like the name changed to Inland waterways forum ?
Cant see why it bothers you myself but then i am on the Thames .

Gavi

Visit site
I understand what you mean. This must seem a terribly "we are SE England and therefore are more important than the turnip eaters" type thing, but it is not intended as such. The reason for the forum here, as I understand it, is to provoke discussion amongst those who would not normally comment, and attract new views. There is a lot of traffic onthe Thames and.... my god, a party boat just went by!

If it fails then I agree it should be disloved back into the MBF, ut I would still like to see what views and discusion arise during 07.

boatbuilder

Visit site
Sorry but I only see the words Thames Forum. Perhaps you could show me the whereabouts of the rest of the title.

This could of course be yet another SE England centered idea, indeed the Thames runs directly by YBW towers. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
And I can't type as fast as everybody else.

Captain Coochie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The Thames Forum (7304 viewing)
A place to discuss boating issues specific to the Thames and other inland waterways

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brayman

Visit site
Byron, you've started something here!
I think the forum will come into its own when we can get back on the river. How else will we discover the answer to odd things we see as we cruise past Byron's.
Ian

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Byron, you've started something here!
I think the forum will come into its own when we can get back on the river. How else will we discover the answer to odd things we see as we cruise past Byron's.
Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

I object to you referring to my old lady as an 'odd thing' and whilst on the subject, will you refrain from putting a spike in her bum and using it as a mooring pin. She's quite entitled to lay on face down by the river sunbathing without that happening.

reginaldon

Visit site
As a complete outsider - Dover Straits - would it help numbers if the forum were designated 'Inland Waterways'? Obviously Thames is a bit of both.